Home › Forums › Shoot to Serve Assignments › Opportunity: "Read-Your-Bible.com" background image › Reply To: Opportunity: "Read-Your-Bible.com" background image
Well, @frazer-family, @greghahner, @creative-click-photography and @hannahm, Ovi has reviewed the pictures and . . . has challenged us to push our pictures to the next level! To us, and anyone else who will join in with their submissions, let us use this as an opportunity to continue growing. In his own words:
Thank you for sending the pictures! I’ve received both e-mails and I love them!!!
I appreciate so much the diligence the team put in making these pictures!! They helped me clarify my thoughts and better understand what I need for the “Read your Bible” project. There are several pictures that I was considering, but I would like to share with you further ideas regarding the picture I would like.
So what are his critiques? and how would he like us to do better? Thankfully he has provided some very detailed instructions that will help us on this second round:
“Ask the team to consider these additional thoughts regarding the requested picture:
• This picture will be the background for the website, the header for the weekly newsletter (cropped) and what people will share on social media.
• Please keep in mind that the target is of all ages, backgrounds, occupations and spiritual levels.
• This picture needs to show the most common setting for a person reading their Bible. Unfortunately this means the picture cannot be done outdoors (even though I really love the pictures that have nature in the background) and that the person needs to be sitting, not standing. Perhaps most people read their Bible on a couch or at a desk, so I would like to have one of these as the setting/background for the picture.
• If possible, I would like the picture to include a light turned on next to the couch / or on the desk. This is not a “must”, but I think that can help create a “warm” setting. It also can inspire people to wake up early in the morning to meed God and read their Bibles! 🙂
• I would prefer the person to have a shirt (long sleeve). And it doesn’t necessarily need to point with the finger. Don’t forget the focus on the Bible, not the person.
• I would also prefer the Bible to have two-columns on each page (again, that’s what most people use).
• And I’m serious about the $50!!! 🙂
Thank you so much, James! Can’t wait to see the new pictures!”
Let’s keep pressing on! And remember, the new deadline is midnight June 6th.