March 15, 2019 at 12:02 pm #37499
• Purpose: Cherith Studios needs some photos for a Bible club slideshow!
• Request: She needs one photo that illustrates Isaiah 55:8-9, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts” and a second photo to illustrate the next two verses, Isaiah 55:10-12, “For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.”
• Ideas: You are free to use your imagination and creativity to come up with whatever photos you think illustrate these verses best! Here are some ideas from @mia: For the 1st set of verses, she’s thinking of a beautiful sunrise or sunset, or a vast, clear blue sky. For the 2nd set of verses, she’s thinking of a photo that’s more of a landscape scene, maybe of a forest after it has rained, a trickling brook, or even just a beautiful snowfall, mountain view or fertile valley. Meditate on the verse, and see what comes to mind!
• Orientation: Horizontal.
• Photo Specs: Submit RAW, DNG or JPG, at least 3000 pixels longest edge. Edit however you like. No watermarks. @mia will be adding the verse.
• How to Submit:
1) Upload originals or DNGs to this link.
2) Attach JPGs less than 8MB in size in reply to this topic if you would like them to be critiqued during the webinar.
• Remuneration: $10 per chosen photo will be awarded to Lenspiration Members.
• Terms: By submitting your photo(s) on this forum, you agree to the terms outlined in the STS Photo Assignment Agreement.
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, April 6, 2019 (or until this topic is no longer highlighted yellow).
Get related training and watch how I did this assignment at Reviving Photos from the Far Distant Past.
Sign up to watch the critique of the photos submitted for this assignment in April’s live Photo Critique Webinar!
March 15, 2019 at 12:05 pm #37745
- This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by James Staddon.
I have two submissions for each verse section.
The sunset over Chicago and the orange sky over the mountains are for the first section . . . “for as the heavens are higher than the earth” and “my thoughts [are higher] than your thoughts”.
The water droplet on the hemlock leaves and the snow-covered bridge are for the first section . . . “for as the rain cometh down and the snow from heaven”March 16, 2019 at 11:13 am #37890
Here are my submissions!
March 18, 2019 at 6:11 am #37905March 23, 2019 at 10:44 pm #38008
- This reply was modified 6 months ago by Joseph Camuso.
KelseyFHallParticipantMarch 24, 2019 at 8:57 pm #38016
@KelseyFHall just curious, where were those last two pictures taken? I love the use of the lighting on the water.March 24, 2019 at 9:06 pm #38017March 24, 2019 at 9:24 pm #38019
that’s a beautiful location. the location of the islands(?) and even where the sun sets looks exactly like a beach near us where we visit sometimes.March 25, 2019 at 3:53 pm #38027
Thank you @kelseyfhallMarch 27, 2019 at 8:21 pm #38071
Marie-Pier RhéaumeParticipantMarch 27, 2019 at 8:28 pm #38078
Marie-Pier RhéaumeParticipantMarch 30, 2019 at 3:37 pm #38132
Hannah MooreParticipantApril 1, 2019 at 12:13 pm #38213April 1, 2019 at 10:07 pm #38232
@jamesstaddon These are really good! Definitely in the right direction.
Comments for any last minute submitters: we’d love to have a pic of raindrops! That just seems to come to mind as we think of illustrating verse 10.
Thank you to everyone who has submitted pictures!! These are AWSOME!!!!April 2, 2019 at 6:38 pm #38249
Here are my submissions.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.