- This topic is empty.
July 3, 2020 at 12:02 pm #51312LenspirationModerator
• Publisher: Christian Home Educators of Colorado. The goal of CHEC is to defend family freedoms and to help parents homeschool with confidence. Not only do they serve homeschoolers in Colorado, but also throughout the world via training conferences and seminars, publications and resources, legislative work, and more.
• Purpose: Their publishing team needs general, homeschool-family photos for their publications! Since there are plenty of photos on stock websites of the traditional “mom with a child at a table” shots, they would like more variety if possible, as described below.
* Children schooling and playing together (outdoors or indoors).
* Moms & dads doing activities with children (school, sports, board games).
* Moms doing kitchen/organization/schooling projects.
* Dads doing home/family things.
* Struggling learner type photos: parents helping students, special needs like wheelchair-bound or Down’s Syndrome, different learners doing hands-on schooling things, not just textbooks.
* Young adults working on projects, young parents with little ones (for our 2nd generation homeschoolers).
• Special Instructions: In general, a wide age range is helpful (elementary to older, not just toddlers), and large numbers of children or multi-ethnic families would be helpful. These are the types of photos that would be generally helpful for upcoming projects.
• Orientation: Any orientation.
• Photo Specs: Highest quality possible, but any size will be considered.
• How to Submit: Members can follow the A, B, C process outlined here. (Instructions for non-members can be viewed here.)
• Remuneration: Any number of photos may be chosen and used by CHEC at no cost to them. However, thanks to the generosity of an anonymous donor, the best Lenspiration member’s submission, as determined by CHEC, will be awarded $27!
• Terms: By submitting your photo(s) on this forum, you agree to the terms outlined in the STS Photo Assignment Agreement. CHEC will seek to give credit to the photographer if used in a printed publication.
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, July 25, 2020 (or until this topic is no longer highlighted yellow).
Watch how I shot this assignment and get related training on how to shoot it yourself at Homeschooling Photo Shoot!
Watch the photos submitted for this assignment get critiqued live by registering for the July 28 Photo Critique Webinar!July 3, 2020 at 12:05 pm #51799James StaddonKeymaster
Here are some of the photos I liked from my homeschooling photo shoot. If nothing else, try to duplicate the one of the dad on the couch with the kids. There are lots of other options, though, beyond the normal “mom and child at the table” perspective, so see what kind of variety you can get like they provided in the details!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.