Foggy Sunday Morning

Home Forums Photo Critique Foggy Sunday Morning

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Frazer Family
    Participant

I posted a few months ago two other pictures of this beautiful morning and it was suggested that my focus be on the fence instead of the close-up cedar hedge. This is such a picture that I took at the same time. How would you edit this picture? I took it with the sunbeams in mind, but didn’t succeed at drawing them out. I observed, James, that you achieved the effect for which I was aiming in the June and August pictures of your 2018 calendar. Is this mostly achieved in camera, or in post-processing?
    Thank you!
    Sarah

camera: Canon Rebel EOS T3
    lens: 25-105
    focal length: 48 mm
    shutter speed: 1/200 sec.
    aperture: f/6.3
    ISO: 100

Attachments:
    Ryan Madaris
    Participant

Nice job!!! For editing, I would increase the color of the grass. Another thing is, if you have a chance to retake this photo, I would remove the board in the driveway.

James Staddon
    Keymaster

The focus on this shot is right!

Sadly, if the light rays doen’t exist in the first place, then there’s no way to amplify them in-camera. Perhaps perspective and what you include behind the sunrays may make a little difference, but the pictures you saw in the calendar were only that pronounced because they really were that pronounced in real life.

Having said that, there is a way you can amplify or create sunrays artificially in Photoshop. Start at about minute 38 in the replay: https://www.lenspiration.com/video/webinar011618/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest