Lens Cap Holder

Home Forums Photography Q&A Lens Cap Holder

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

I don’t know if this is something a lot of people know about or not, but I recently got given a lens cap holder and it’s great! If any of you are like me (always misplacing your lens cap! 🙂 ) then you should check it out. Basically, it goes onto your camera strap and there’s a little groove to click your lens cap into. That way it’s right there close by and you shouldn’t loose it. Anyway, just thought I’d share it with you all, in case it comes in handy. I love mine!!

BTW, make sure you purchase one with the right sizes for your lens caps. Also, mine wasn’t bought from the above link, it’s just one I found for an example. 🙂

Logan Lamar
    Participant

Hi Caitlin! At first, I thought you were talking about the string types that hook onto your strap and let it dangle off the end of the camera. I used to have one of those—I didn’t like it, and I wouldn’t recommend it if you’re into video (I happen to be), and in all of the movies I shot with that camera, there is inevitably that “clacking” of the lens cap hitting the camera.
    But the one you posted seems like a very nice alternative! I don’t have the “loose your lens cap” problem—I always wear jeans and it always goes into a pocket—but what a great product!

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

@loganlamar – Oh yes, I know the ones you mean. That would be annoying! Our old family camera used to have one like that. This one is a lot better than them!

True! I suppose I was thinking of it from the perspective of a girl that wears skirts, often without pockets. 🙂

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Oh that is super amazing! I’d not seen one of those before! GREAT idea.

blessings captured
    Participant

Hello! @creative-click-photography ,I was thinking about getting one of theses. Some of the reviews said that the 55mm cap didn’t work to well on it. (One of my lenses is a 55mm) Do you have a 55mm lens? Does it work on it?
    Thanks a lot!

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Hey, @blessingscaptured!

Good question…I don’t have one that fits a 55mm lens cap, so I’m not sure. Sorry I can’t be of any help! I do know that some of my lens caps seem to fit a bit more snuggly than others, but they all work. I guess you could always buy one and just hope for the best. 🙂

blessings captured
    Participant

Thanks Caitlin! I’ll look into it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest