Lights At Night

Home Forums Photo Critique Lights At Night

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Melanie Thomsen
    Participant

This past May I had the joy of serving as head photographer for a mother/daughter retreat! I tried to capture not just action shots, but also ones of the location. This is one of my attempts to capture the beautiful Inn (Carlisle Inn, Sugarcreek, OH) at night. Any recommendations as to how I could improve the composition or my in-camera settings or editing? 🙂 As our family travels and does events, I’d love to be able to skillfully take advantage of free (or quick!) evening minutes to take pictures! 🙂

Here’s the details:

Time of year: May
    Time of day: After 8:00 or 9:00pm
    Camera: Canon 7D
    Lens: Canon 28-135mm
    Stability: Handheld

Aperture: f/3.5
    Shutter Speed:1/13sec
    ISO:2500
    Focal Length:28mm
    Edits: Contrast (+8), Clarity (+12), Vibrance (+22)

Thanks so much!

Attachments:

Jinny Schober
    Participant

That’s very pretty! 🙂 There seems to be a lot of grain in the pic which would come from the high ISO. It would have been nice if you could of had a tripod, but a tripod in the parking lot would have been kinda strange! 😉 It you had a tripod, you could’ve lowered the shutter speed and the ISO. It might have been a nice addition to the pic if there had been starbursts on the lights. but it would have been challenging to raise the f-stop without a tripod. That seems like a nice place!

Marry Anderson
    Participant

That is very beautiful. I consider night photoes to be a part of a special art!

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Wow, yeah, pretty place! Looking forward to talking about it on tonight’s webinar! https://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-aug-15/

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Ok, here what I would have different if I were in your shoes with this shot!

https://www.lenspiration.com/video/critique-hotel-night/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest