Lincoln Memorial

Home Forums Photo Critique Lincoln Memorial

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan Madaris 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Abbie Camuso
    Participant

I took this with an iPhone 7.
    The second picture is edited in LR.
    How would you edit it? Would you edit it differently?

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Hi @abbie! Sorry no one ever replied to your photos! I’m usually preoccupied with working with the PRO members and photos submitted over on the STS forum, but when there’s a photo that doesn’t relate to an STS assignment, this is the place to post it!

That’s a fantastic location. That camera produces some fantastic images too. Nice angle. Good symmetry. The lines in the sidewalk point nicely to the memorial. The low perspective is fitting. Space around the building is proportional and pleasing. Overall, great shot! I prefer the less-contrasty and more vibrant look of the original image before the editing. Perhaps in the editing you could remove some of those dark spots on the pavement.

Abbie Camuso
    Participant

@jamesstaddon it’s not a problem! πŸ™‚ Thanks for your thoughts… good idea to edit out the dark spots!

Dan Cope
    Participant

I guess it’s nice when your pictures are so good that no one has anything to say about them for a whole month right??!!πŸ˜€ I agree with James in that I like the less contrast in the unedited version. The leading lines in the sidewalk are nice but I’m going to be really picky and point out that you could have shifted slightly to make that center line perfectly perpendicular!πŸ˜€ But I actually think that I might have eliminated the sidewalk from the composition altogether. And if you had time, you could have waited until the clouds were separated from the Lincoln Memorial. But of course you can sometimes wait quite a while for clouds to cooperate and oftentimes they never do!

Abbie Camuso
    Participant

@dan-cope lol! Good pointers! Unfortunately, I was in a hurry to get back to our van in order to be on time at the FEW conference! I noticed how picturesque that looked, so I quickly took the picture and hurried on. Later I discovered that it was actually a nice picture haha! Thus, no time to wait for clouds to move, but I should’ve thought to shift a bit over! Here it is with the spots taken out, as well as one with the sidewalk cropped out.

Attachments:

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

Nice! I would probably enhance the green just a bit, and the the left side of the memorial is a bit overexposed, so I would fix that…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest