Majesty Supreme (ends December 2)

Home Forums Shoot to Serve Majesty Supreme (ends December 2)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Hey everyone, here’s another shooting opportunity!

Have you ever heard the hymn, Blessed Be The Name? Can you go out and photograph (or find from your portfolio) a picture that illustrates it? The overarching message of the hymn is “majesty supreme”. Reply to this topic with your submissions!

Assignment details:

• Requester: IBLP Family Conferences
    • Purpose: To be used as a background image for a powerpoint for the hymn, Blessed Be The Name (lyrics)
    • Request: A picture that you think illustrates this hymn. The image needs to portray the idea of looking up, in complete awe and exultation of God’s majesty. Ideas could include a bright sunset, a dramatic cloudscape, or a stunning mountain landscape. Since this will be used as a background image, keep it simple. I suggest the sky be the main part of the image with a small section of horizon visible at the bottom of the frame.
    • Image Specs: Pictures must be at least 3000 pixels longest edge. Edit however you like. Please no watermarks.
    • How to Submit: Attach JPGs less than 2MB in size in reply to this topic. (Learn to downsize JPGs appropriately in this video.)
    • Remuneration: Your submissions are a tangible gift to a non-profit, Christian ministry. A real opportunity to shoot to serve.
    • Terms: Chosen submissions will be used as if it was purchased under a Royalty Free license. You continue to retain full rights to your image.
    • Deadline: Midnight Saturday, December 2, 2017 (postponed from November 26)

Related training video: Crazy Photography Camping Trip! A look behind the scenes into what it’s really like to attempt to capture dramatic landscape photos on a once-in-a-lifetime dream photography excursion and the random photography tips I learned along the way.

Winning photo: The winning photo for this assignment will be announced on the live webinar on Tuesday, December 12 at 7pm ET. The $19 registration fee for this event may be bypassed by using the secret link sent at any arbitrary time before the webinar to those who are subscribed to “Photo Assignments” at http://www.lenspiration.com/subscribe.

Can’t wait to see everyone’s submissions!
    –James

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Here’s a picture that portrays one aspect of what I think they might be looking for…

Attachments:

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

Here’s one I got with my drone. Do you think this would work?

Attachments:

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Here are some photos that came to mind.

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Very nice, @rmadaris. Perfect perspective. It’s wide enough that it could be cropped to have the text in the center without high-contrast areas interfering. If you happen to have any other unique angles from that same flight, feel free to submit those as well.

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

@jamesstaddon, I don’t have another angle of the same mountain, but I have one from the same flight. Here it is…

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Thanks @rmadaris!

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Hi! 🙂

Are these images too contrasty for text? Unfortunately, I don’t have any images with the just a bit of the horizon at the bottom of the frame. I’ll have to remember to try that composition next time. . .

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

I don’t think too contrasty. Lots of texture, yes, but not stark contrasts between dark and light in the center of the frame.

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Ok, that’s good @jamesstaddon!

Oops, I just realised that I accidentally have a watermark on the images. I was fiddling around trying to make one the other day and as an experiment and I tried it on a photo. I forgot to uncheck the watermark box in the export settings in Lightroom! 🙂 Anyway here they are again without the watermark.

P.S. That watermark is definitely not my finished one. 😀

Attachments:

witzy
    Participant

These two were taken about two in the morning. Each photo is actually 5 pictures stacked. Had to use a tracking telescope. Up close, I hated these pictures (I’m used to clarity at 100% zoom). From a distance, I love them.

Attachments:

witzy
    Participant

various sunsets

Attachments:

witzy
    Participant

more sunsets

Attachments:

witzy
    Participant

last ones

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Thank you for your submissions, @rmadaris, @creative-click-photography, @elianafranzenburg, and @witzy! There were so many good ones, it was hard to narrow it down to just one!

I will announce the winner in the next webinar (December 12 at 7pm ET), and explain why I chose the one I did. I’ll also make a surprise announcement about my thoughts on some of the other submissions which you’ll have to watch the webinar to find out what I mean. 🙂

So, how do you watch the webinar?

Webinars are normally $19, but here is how you can attend for free:

1) either join PRO (PRO members can register for free right now right here)
    2) or, make sure you are subscribed to “Photo Assignments” at http://www.lenspiration.com/subscribe. At any point between now and before the webinar starts, I’ll send subscribers a secret, free registration link. Keep a sharp eye on your email, and hopefully, I’ll see you at the webinar!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest