- November 16, 2017 at 8:34 am #26834
Hey everyone, here’s another shooting opportunity!
Have you ever heard the hymn, Blessed Be The Name? Can you go out and photograph (or find from your portfolio) a picture that illustrates it? The overarching message of the hymn is “majesty supreme”. Reply to this topic with your submissions!
• Requester: IBLP Family Conferences
• Purpose: To be used as a background image for a powerpoint for the hymn, Blessed Be The Name (lyrics)
• Request: A picture that you think illustrates this hymn. The image needs to portray the idea of looking up, in complete awe and exultation of God’s majesty. Ideas could include a bright sunset, a dramatic cloudscape, or a stunning mountain landscape. Since this will be used as a background image, keep it simple. I suggest the sky be the main part of the image with a small section of horizon visible at the bottom of the frame.
• Image Specs: Pictures must be at least 3000 pixels longest edge. Edit however you like. Please no watermarks.
• How to Submit: Attach JPGs less than 2MB in size in reply to this topic. (Learn to downsize JPGs appropriately in this video.)
• Remuneration: Your submissions are a tangible gift to a non-profit, Christian ministry. A real opportunity to shoot to serve.
• Terms: Chosen submissions will be used as if it was purchased under a Royalty Free license. You continue to retain full rights to your image.
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, December 2, 2017 (postponed from November 26)
Related training video: Crazy Photography Camping Trip! A look behind the scenes into what it’s really like to attempt to capture dramatic landscape photos on a once-in-a-lifetime dream photography excursion and the random photography tips I learned along the way.
Winning photo: The winning photo for this assignment will be announced on the live webinar on Tuesday, December 12 at 7pm ET. The $19 registration fee for this event may be bypassed by using the secret link sent at any arbitrary time before the webinar to those who are subscribed to “Photo Assignments” at http://www.lenspiration.com/subscribe.
Can’t wait to see everyone’s submissions!
–JamesNovember 16, 2017 at 10:07 am #26837November 20, 2017 at 9:03 am #26899
Here’s one I got with my drone. Do you think this would work?
November 20, 2017 at 12:12 pm #26903
- This reply was modified 3 months ago by James Staddon.
Eliana FranzenburgParticipantNovember 20, 2017 at 5:23 pm #26917
Very nice, @rmadaris. Perfect perspective. It’s wide enough that it could be cropped to have the text in the center without high-contrast areas interfering. If you happen to have any other unique angles from that same flight, feel free to submit those as well.November 21, 2017 at 10:17 am #26924
@jamesstaddon, I don’t have another angle of the same mountain, but I have one from the same flight. Here it is…November 25, 2017 at 4:12 pm #26996
Caitlin ComptonParticipantNovember 27, 2017 at 2:43 pm #27022
I don’t think too contrasty. Lots of texture, yes, but not stark contrasts between dark and light in the center of the frame.November 29, 2017 at 5:15 pm #27096
Ok, that’s good @jamesstaddon!
Oops, I just realised that I accidentally have a watermark on the images. I was fiddling around trying to make one the other day and as an experiment and I tried it on a photo. I forgot to uncheck the watermark box in the export settings in Lightroom! 🙂 Anyway here they are again without the watermark.
P.S. That watermark is definitely not my finished one. 😀November 30, 2017 at 8:51 pm #27124November 30, 2017 at 9:11 pm #27127November 30, 2017 at 9:15 pm #27130November 30, 2017 at 9:16 pm #27133December 4, 2017 at 8:37 am #27402
I will announce the winner in the next webinar (December 12 at 7pm ET), and explain why I chose the one I did. I’ll also make a surprise announcement about my thoughts on some of the other submissions which you’ll have to watch the webinar to find out what I mean. 🙂
So, how do you watch the webinar?
Webinars are normally $19, but here is how you can attend for free:
1) either join PRO (PRO members can register for free right now right here)
2) or, make sure you are subscribed to “Photo Assignments” at http://www.lenspiration.com/subscribe. At any point between now and before the webinar starts, I’ll send subscribers a secret, free registration link. Keep a sharp eye on your email, and hopefully, I’ll see you at the webinar!
December 13, 2017 at 4:34 pm #27810
- This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by James Staddon.
Well, this assignment is officially closed!
Your participation has been a real blessing to those who were needing the picture. Even if your photo wasn’t chosen, doesn’t it feel good to be part of a group of photographers who enjoy serving others?!
If you missed the webinar (and want to find out who won the assignment!) or just want to re-watch it, anyone who registered for the webinar may re-watch it for a very limited amount of time using the link emailed to them immediately after the webinar. And of course, if you’re a PRO member, you can watch the replay below anytime you want:
The topic ‘Majesty Supreme (ends December 2)’ is closed to new replies.