Pink Clouds (ends February 24)

Home Forums Shoot to Serve Photo Assignments Pink Clouds (ends February 24)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    James Staddon
    Keymaster

I hope this week’s assignment isn’t too specific….do your best to photograph (or pull from your portfolio) a picture that includes “Pink Clouds” to illustrate the idea of “sweetness” described in the hymn Jesus the Very Thought of Thee.

Reply to this topic with your submissions!

Assignment details:
    • Requester: IBLP Family Conferences
    • Purpose: To be used as a background image for a powerpoint of the hymn Jesus the Very Thought of Thee
    • Request: A photo that portrays the idea of rest, or sweetness of the presence of Jesus. I’m thinking light, airy, pink-colored clouds; whispy, light, natural textures; bright, open, dreamy outdoor scenes. Meditate on the complete lyrics of Jesus, the Very Thought of Thee for more ideas.
    • Image Specs: Pictures you submit must be at least 3000 pixels longest edge. Edit however you like. Please, no watermarks.
    • How to Submit: Attach JPGs less than 2MB in size in reply to this topic. (Learn to downsize JPGs appropriately in this video.)
    • Remuneration: Your submissions are a tangible gift to a non-profit, Christian ministry. A real opportunity to shoot to serve for the needs of others. Use this as an opportunity to practice with a purpose!
    • Terms: Chosen submissions will be used as if they were purchased under a Royalty Free license. You continue to retain full rights to your image.
    • Deadline: Midnight Saturday, February 24, 2018 (or until this topic is closed).

Photo Critique:
    The photos submitted for this assignment will be critiqued in March’s live Photo Critique Webinar, Tuesday the 13th at 7pm ET. You can register at http://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-mar-13/. PRO members can register for free at http://www.lenspiration.com/promember.

Related training video:
    I hope the video Learning How to Intelligently Predict Beautiful Sunrises and Sunsets! will increase your chances of being able to photograph beautiful pink clouds! Quick tip: look for clear mornings or evenings with a small percentage of low hanging clouds.

Low puffy clouds

Can’t wait to see everyone’s submissions!
    –James

Hannah Moore
    Participant

Here are my submissions of a sunset!! 🙂 Though, it may be too yellow, so would you prefer it pinker?
    I may have some “pinkish” pictures for you if these are too yellow!! 🙂

Attachments:
    Ryan Madaris
    Participant

Here’s one I took last June. I’ll try to get a few more soon, if the rain ever quits. 😀

Attachments:
    Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Here are some I found in my library.

Attachments:
    Joseph Camuso
    Participant

Here’s one I took last year 😀

Attachments:
    Ezra Morley

Here are a couple of my shots that came to mind. @jamesstaddon, you probably know where these were taken… 🙂

Attachments:
    Dan Cope
    Participant

Attachments:
    Sarah Lewis
    Participant

Hey Dan Cope, where did you take that pic? Thanks!

Dan Cope
    Participant

Hi Sarah! I took that picture at Sandy Lake in Stoneboro, Pennsylvania.

Hannah Moore
    Participant

This picture I took early the other morning, though I’m still having trouble with finding a “pink” sky.
    Anyway, I decided I’d submit it anyway in case it’s close enough!! 🙂

Attachments:
    Sarah Lewis
    Participant

Thanks Dan, it’s very beautiful. 🙂

Marie-Pier Rhéaume
    Participant

Here are my submissions.

Attachments:
    Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Here is one more I found!

Attachments:
    Dan Cope
    Participant

You’re welcome Sarah. Thanks!

It’s great to see so many submissions for this opportunity! Here’s a couple more…

Attachments:
    Dan Cope
    Participant

…and a couple more

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Pink Clouds (ends February 24)’ is closed to new replies.

Pin It on Pinterest