January 23, 2019 at 11:00 am #36502
• Purpose: Photo will be published in the printed IBLP Character Curriculum.
• Request: I am looking for a picture of a roller compactor construction machine (I think that’s what it is called). Something big, scary, pushy, contentious. Something that would flatten anything in it’s path. The caption under the picture will be something like, “A persuasive person does not force his opinion or ‘run over’ people to prove his point.” If you think of another picture that would illustrate this concept other than a roller compactor, feel free to share. I’m open to ideas!
• Specifics: I can’t choose a picture that would quickly date our curriculum….clothing styles and haircuts date a picture faster than anything else!
• Orientation: Vertical pictures are preferred.
• Image specs: At least 2000 pixels longest edge.
• How to Submit:
1) Upload originals or DNGs to this link.
2) Attach JPGs less than 8MB in size in reply to this topic (especially if you would like them to be critiqued).
• Remuneration: Lenspiration members will be awarded $15/submission if chosen.
• Terms: By submitting your photo(s) for this assignment, you agree to the terms outlined in the STS Photo Assignment Agreement.
• Deadline: Midnight Friday, February 1, 2019, or until this topic is no longer highlighted in yellow.
Sign up to watch the critique of the photos submitted for this assignment in February’s live Photo Critique Webinar! https://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-feb-12/
January 23, 2019 at 11:08 am #36510
- This topic was modified 51 years, 4 months ago by .
Well, this is certainly an interesting request! Does anyone know if any special permissions are required to photograph construction equipment?January 23, 2019 at 2:33 pm #36525Hannah MooreParticipant
I have some pictures I took awhile ago of excavation since my brother worked with an excavation company. Would an excavator work?
If it might work, I’ll check and see what I have if there are any good quality photos!!January 30, 2019 at 11:11 am #36676
@hannahm, if you think the angle or perspective or whatever gives the impression of “forcing an opinion or ‘running over’ people to prove a point,” then that would be great to submit!January 31, 2019 at 6:36 pm #36740Lydia BennettParticipantFebruary 4, 2019 at 5:23 pm #36811February 5, 2019 at 5:45 pm #36861EstherModerator
Yes, Lydia gets the creativity award! I so appreciate people who think outside the box and find a different way to illustrate the same concept. For this one, the vote was to go with the machine roller compactor machine but thank you so much for participating.
Looking forward to next time,
EstherFebruary 12, 2019 at 12:06 pm #37083
Thank you @estherstaddon for giving us a chance!
And since none of our submissions were chosen, we’ll have to put them to good use somewhere else! Let’s discuss the next step in how to get your photos published elsewhere in tonight’s webinar, https://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-feb-12/February 13, 2019 at 11:33 am #37130
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.