White Rose

Home Forums Photo Critique White Rose

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Nathanael & Samantha Frazer 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Hi y’all!
    Took some pics of roses today and got this photo. I cropped it and sharpened 20% on iPhoto.
    Photo settings,
    ISO 400,
    Shutter speed 1/125,
    Aperture 10,

Attachments:

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Here is the second photo.

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Sorry, the second pic won’t upload.

Lewis Family
    Participant

Beautifully done.

James Staddon
    Keymaster

@elianafranzenburg Are you positive it was less than 2MB in size? If so, perhaps it’s because of a lesser known reason….not sure if the website will take pictures more than 5000px longest edge. Check that.

Faith Metz
    Participant

Wow! This rose is gorgeous! How did you take this picture? Did you have a black background to hold it up to?

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

@lifeseasonphotography I have no idea how I got the black background! The rose was outside on a mini rose plant and I was practicing in Manual mode and got this!

Ezra Morley
    Participant

@jamesstaddon, here’s a test of a larger than 5000px image… You can delete it if you want. 🙂

Attachments:

@buddingphotographer, did you mean “smaller” in your text, or > in your image, i’m a little confused 😉

@elianafranzenburg I love the contrast you achieved in this image! Depending on the goal of the shot, I might manually brush away the green I see on the bottom right, but that’s not required. Otherwise, I might crop a little less tight just to leave an ounce of breathing room around the flower. This is just a question of taste, obviously.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest