Zoom Blur Portrait

Home Forums Photo Critique Zoom Blur Portrait

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Faith Metz
    Participant

I was doing a birthday photo shoot for my sister and this one one of the photos I got. Do you have any explanation how I got this zoom blur? I was just snapping pictures and when I uploaded them I found this one. I didn’t even try to do this! And is this picture worth anything?

Attachments:

blessingscaptured
    Participant

Zoom blur is made when you intentionally or accidentally zoom as the picture is being recorded. To make a zoom blurred picture look nicer, put the subject in the center of the zoom. I haven’t tried this technique on people, maybe it would look neat with her face sharp and the rest zoomed.

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Yes, if there’s just a small amount of zoom blur like in this shot, then the center of the frame will still have the appearance of being in focus. So if the subject’s face was in the center, then yes, it would be worth keeping. Because subjects being dead-center isn’t generally the best composition, one can crop afterward to improve the composition while still having the subject in focus.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest