Lenspiration Photography Program
Learn to take better photos step by step, with each photography course and photo assignment! Transform your snapshots into "wow" shots!
Are you fascinated by photography?
Does your teenager take pictures allllll the time?
Looking for a creative way to get some high school credits?
The Lenspiration Photography Program is a step-by-step guide for helping students learn the fundamentals of photography with a great mix of learning and doing. Follow the steps in each workbook to improve your picture skills and learn how to start thinking like a photographer.
What you should know about the Photography Program
The Lenspiration Photography Program is a series of free workbooks that take you step-by-step through the core resources (free & paid) that we offer on Lenspiration.
What's the goal? We want to help young people learn photography "from the ground up." A beginner with an excitement for snapping pics can become a practiced photographer who can navigate the toughest photography challenges!
Anyone can participate in the Photography Program! It's a great fit for families looking for a homeschool photography course. High school students can earn elective credits and learn a priceless life skill.
Start now with the Lenspiration Photography Program
Download the free Photography Program Workbook
Download your workbook below. Start with Phase I. The workbooks are your step-by-step directions through the core photography resources we offer.
Access the needed resources
We recommend that you join the Lenspiration membership for the best value, but you can also purchase each paid resource along the way.
Start learning and improving!
Start with the first step in the first Workbook. Follow the plan, do the assignments, and track your hours. It won't be long before you start feeling more confident about your photography skills!
Download the free Photography Program Workbooks
How the Lenspiration Photography Program works
What’s covered in Phase I of the Photography Program?
- Get to know the camera you currently have.
- Learn how to upgrade (if necessary) your photographic equipment to what best suits your needs.
- Understand the foundational elements of photography.
- Start exploring various photography genres by beginning and completing the Foundations of Photography course.
- Take pictures for real-life photo assignments for publishers who are looking for photos!
What’s covered in Phase II of the Photography Program?
- Learn how to push your camera to its limits!
- Explore special effects.
- Learn hands-on, how-to approaches to challenging situations.
- Overcome difficult lighting conditions that photographers face all the time.
- Walk through the Explore With Your Camera video series, shoot developmental photo assignments, and continue taking pictures for the real-life photo needs of publishers.
What’s covered in Phase III of the Photography Program?
- Gain hands-on experience in as many photography genres as possible.
- Learn about ways to make money with your photography.
- How to streamline your post-processing (editing) workflow.
- Understand advanced photography concepts.
- Hone in on what it takes to supply clients with the type of professional artwork that they will consistently want to use and publish.
How much does the Photography Program cost?
Anyone can access the Photography Program Workbooks for free. These are your “roadmaps” through Lenspiration's photography training. However, to gain access to the training, you must either:
- Purchase the training one-by-one along the way
- Join the Lenspiration Membership to pay per month for unlimited access to all the training. Joining the membership is the best value in most situations.
You will need a DSLR or mirrorless camera to follow along in each Phase of the Program. Phase I will cover how to purchase a camera that is right for your needs.
Who can use the Photography Program?
Do you have to complete all of the workbooks? Can I just do one or two?
You’ll learn a lot even if you just do one phase of the Photography Program. Don’t feel pressured to do more than Phase I. You may decide photography isn’t your thing, or that you’ve learned enough to meet your goals.
But, maybe you’ll discover that you like photography a lot more than you thought! Each phase is different in its own way, and you’ll be glad you moved forward with more phases.
Do I have to spend the exact amount of hours for each "Week"?
If you happen to spend less time than the targeted number of hours suggested for any given "Week", it will usually work itself out. Most likely, you’ll probably be able to make it up for it on another "Week" fairly easily.
It’s also ok if you spend more time than the targeted number of hours suggested for any given "Week". If you’re working on an elective and you are spending much more time than expected, that's great! You may want to grow the phase into a full credit instead of just a ½ credit.
How many high school credits do I get for doing the Photography Program?
For a homeschool high school student, the Photography Program is designed so that each phase should provide ½ credit per semester.
This assumes that the student fulfills the reasonable, expected time requirements for each phase.
Is the membership for only one person, or can more than one person use it at the same price?
Subscription is for the whole family! There will be some things you'll have to reset for the next person (like course quizzes), but no need to pay for multiple subscriptions for multiple members of your immediate family, even if they are not living under the same roof!
Does the Photography Program include any personalized coaching?
As mentioned before, you can access the Photography Program training material in two ways:
- Purchase the training one-by-one along the way.
- Join the Lenspiration Membership for unlimited access to all of the training.
If you join the membership, you can attend our monthly Live Photography Coaching Webinars for free. During the webinars, you can submit your photography questions get real-time coaching for taking your photos to the next level. Non-members can join the coaching webinars for a fee.
What is the Photography Program Schedule? How many high school credits are earned per time period?
Short answer: you can go through the workbooks at any pace! Take as much or as little time per “Week” in the workbooks.
Long answer: if you would like to take a more structured approach for a high school schedule:
- Each workbook is designed to take half a school year for ½ credit. Complete each phase by the end of 18 weeks (a typical half a school year). Spend the target number of hours per “Week” in the workbook (4 hours average per week). The total amount of time spent will be 72 hours (an average of less than 50min per day, 5 days per week for those 18 weeks).
- If you want to take things at a slower pace, spend two weeks for every one “Week” in the workbook, going through each phase in one school year for a ½ credit. This will take 36 weeks (a typical school year) instead of 18 weeks.
- If you want to use each phase to earn 1 full credit (regardless of how many weeks spent), simply double the suggested target hours you spend completing each "Week" in the workbook.
Is this an accredited Homeschool Photography Course?
Each state has different requirements for “accreditation.” If you need “accredited” credits we recommend that you check with your local education authorities to see if our course would fulfill their requirements.