Hi! I’m James Staddon, a graphic designer
Captivated by God’s creation and inspired by my Uncle’s photography at an early age, I started exploring photography in the early 2000s, began pursuing it seriously in 2006, and jumped into professionally in 2013 under the business name of
Through workshops, the website and various opportunities offered by Lenspiration, I love to see inspiration planted, nurtured and expressed for the glory of God in the work of other photographers!
The purpose of
Regardless of age, experience level or area of interest, I believe any photographer is a successful photographer who pursues excellence in what is good and right and pleasing to the Lord Jesus Christ! (See II Corinthians 10:4-5.)
As a photographer and photography instructor, I enjoy travel, hiking, exploring, blogging, researching, and teaching photography workshops. With creation
As a designer, I love to use my photographs to artistically construct inspirational calendars every year for both personal and promotional use in business and fundraising. Other photographers can publish their own work using the Lenspiration calendar designs through the concept of the Artist’s Calendars.
If you enjoy photography and are looking for opportunities to learn, grow, or share your skills in photography, subscribe to what you are interested in using the list on the Subscribe Page.
At a young age, the beauty of my Uncle’s photography inspired me with the realization that I, too, could create beautiful pictures which has carried me on into a career as a professional photographer and educator. Though I love to plant and nurture the idea that anyone can create beautiful imagery if they commit to it wholeheartedly, my ultimate passion in life is to see photographers make wise and God-honoring decisions in life, vocation, and relationships.
The purpose of Lenspiration is to advance God’s Kingdom by reinstating the jurisdiction of photography under the lordship of Jesus Christ. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds; through Him, we cast down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. (See II Corinthians 10:4-5.)
Statement of Faith
- The Authority of the Bible: We believe that the Bible, comprised of sixty-six books, is the only inspired Word of God, without error in the original manuscripts, and God’s special revelation to mankind (John 10:35, II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:16-21); that it is the final authority and guide for all faith and practice (Psalm 119:9-16, 105-112; Romans 10:17, II Timothy 3:17); and that it constitutes the divine rule by which all people will be held accountable (John 12:47-50).
- The Triune God: We believe God is triune, eternally existing as one in essence, yet in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 3:16-17, 28:19; John 17, 16:26); and that the Father, Son, and Spirit are equal in all power and authority (John 6:27, 20:28, 16:14).
- The Deity and Humanity of Christ: We believe Jesus the Son is the second person of the Trinity (Matthew 28:19, Luke 3:21-22, Acts 5:3-5); that Jesus is God incarnate, “God in the Flesh” (John 1:1, 14; Romans 9:5, Philippians 2:5-6); that Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary as a real man and that He is fully God and fully Man (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 2:6-14; Galatians 4:4-5); that this birth made Him the perfect substitute and atoning sacrifice for our sins (Isaiah 53:6, 2 Corinthians 5:21); that Jesus rose up from the grave on the third day (Luke 24:39, I Corinthians 15:4); and that His resurrection is proof that all true believers will rise as well (I Corinthians 15:20, John 6:39).
- The Creation and Fall of Humankind: We believe humankind was created in God’s image (Genesis 1:27, 2:7, 9:6), that Adam rebelled against God and passed sin to all humankind (Genesis 3, Romans 5:12-14), and that sin has ruined humankind and creation, resulting in spiritual lostness, death, and separation from God (Genesis 3, Romans 3:23, 5:12-21, 6:23, 7:18, 8:19-23; Ephesians 2:1-3).
- The Salvation of the Lost: We believe salvation from sin comes
byGod’s grace through faith alone, on the sole basis of Jesus Christ’s atoning death and victorious resurrection (John 3:16, Romans 3:23, 5:8, 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9, I Peter 3:18); that all who trust in Christ for salvation are forever declared justified in God’s sight; and that they will be progressively sanctified by the Word and the Spirit, and will ultimately be glorified (Romans 3:22-8:32, I Peter 1:3-5, John 5:24).
- The Church: We Believe in one global Church under the headship of Jesus Christ and in the local church as the biblically ordained expression of the universal Church in localized assembly (Ephesians 1:22-23, 2:11-22, 4:1-16; Colossians 1:18), that the Church is made up of all those who have received new life through faith in Christ and are thereby indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit (Matthew 26:28, Luke 22:20, Acts 2:37-47, 6:14; Hebrews 9:15-28), and that Christ has commissioned the Church and the Spirit has empowered the Church to share the Gospel with the whole world (Matthew 28:19-20, John 20:21, Acts 1:8).
- The Literal Return of Christ to Earth: We believe Jesus Christ will come back to earth the way He left, in order to judge the living and the dead (Acts 1:11, 17:30-31; I Thessalonians 4:13-18), and that the day of His return is not for us to know, but could happen at any moment (Mark 13:33-37, I Thessalonians 5:1-6).
- The Future Judgment: We Believe God will assign people to their eternal destination in the last days (Daniel 12:2, John 5:28-29), that those who refuse God’s loving offer of salvation will be assigned to hell, a place of eternal torment and separation from relationship with God (Matthew 5:29-30, Luke 16:19-31, Revelation 20:10, 15), and only those who have placed their faith in God’s promised Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ, will be assigned to heaven (John 14:1-2, Romans 4:1-8, Revelation 21:1-4). We believe Christ’s kingdom will never end and look forward to life in the world to come (Isaiah 65:17-25, Ezekial 47:12, Daniel 7:13-14, Revelation 21:1-22:6).
Thank you for your interest in
Otherwise, it’s time to start brushing up your photography skills! Downloading the free ebook, The Secret to Shooting Like a Pro, is a good place to start.