Shoot To Serve Photo Assignment Agreement
These terms apply to all Photo Assignments listed on the Lenspiration Shoot to Serve forum
The individual ("Owner") who owns the copyright to the photograph(s) or digital file(s) being submitted (the "Work") for a Lenspiration Shoot to Serve Photo Assignment ("Assignment"), hereby grants Lenspiration the right to download the Work for the purposes of critiquing the Work on Lenspiration webinars, showcasing the Work as Student Photos on the Lenspiration website, and delivering the Work to the organization or individual requesting the Work (the "Publisher") if the Publisher chooses the Work as the winner of the Assignment, or if Lenspiration states in the Assignment details that the Publisher will receive all submissions from the Assignment.
Owner also hereby grants Lenspiration and Publisher the non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-sublicensable, and perpetual right to use, reproduce, and distribute the copyrighted Work and to incorporate the copyrighted Work, in whole or in part, into derivative works for sale, distribution, and advertising of their products or services, without obligation of being credited. (This type of agreement is typically defined as a Royalty-Free License.)
Both Lenspiration and Publisher are prohibited from using the Work for any other purpose, including: selling, licensing or distributing electronic copies of the Work as stand-alone files or as part of a product from which a person is able to extract the Work as a standalone file; distributing the Work in or as part of an electronic template (e.g., as an image available in a word processing or web page creation application) intended to be reproduced by third parties on electronic or printed products; using the Work to advertise anything other than their own products or service; or using the Work as part of a trademark, service mark or logo.
Owner retains the copyright of the Work and all other rights in the Work or any derivative work, including without limitation, the right to use, copy, sell, license, and distribute copies of the Work in all markets and territories. All rights not specifically granted in writing, including copyright, remain the exclusive property of the Owner.
In consideration for the grant of this non-exclusive license, Lenspiration agrees to pay Owner the amount specified in the Assignment (the "Prize"), due as soon as possible after the Publisher has confirmed with Lenspiration that the Work has been published, or sooner. If the Prize is stated to be one free month of Lenspiration Membership, it will apply as follows:
- For non-members without any previous Membership, a coupon code will be provided which they can apply when they sign up for a monthly Membership, giving them an additional month free beyond what free trial may be associated with the beginning of a new Membership.
- For current or suspended monthly-paying members, their next Membership bill will automatically be reduced by 100%.
- For current or suspended quarterly-paying members, their next Membership bill will automatically be reduced by 33.33% (1/3).
- For current or suspended annual-paying members, their next Membership bill will automatically be reduced by by 8.33% (1/12).
- For non-members with canceled monthly, quarterly, or annual Memberships, a coupon will be provided which they can apply when they reactivate their monthly, quarterly, or annual Membership respectively.
Last updated: 12/14/2021