<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0"
	xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
	xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
	xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
	xmlns:slash="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/slash/"
	>

<channel>
	<title>Lenspiration | Paul Johnson | Mentions</title>
	<link>https://www.lenspiration.com/members/paulnmerrie/activity/mentions/</link>
	<atom:link href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/paulnmerrie/activity/mentions/feed/" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
	<description>Activity feed mentioning Paul Johnson.</description>
	<lastBuildDate>Tue, 06 Oct 2026 16:39:55 -0400</lastBuildDate>
	<generator>https://buddypress.org/?v=</generator>
	<language>en-US</language>
	<ttl>30</ttl>
	<sy:updatePeriod>hourly</sy:updatePeriod>
	<sy:updateFrequency>2</sy:updateFrequency>
	
						<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">7159ac3cd9248adb644211d417ee2742</guid>
				<title>Logan Lamar replied to the topic Weathered in the forum Photo Critique</title>
				<link>https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/weathered/#post-39697</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 15 May 2019 04:39:25 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/paulnmerrie/" rel="nofollow ugc">@paulnmerrie</a> <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/bennett-family/" rel="nofollow ugc">@bennett-family</a> just to add to what Lydia was saying with composition on photo 2&#8230;.</p>
<p>&#8220;It seems that perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove.&#8221;<br />
—Antoine de Saint Exupéry, source: WikiQuote</p>
<p>I read this quote from some random philosopher in a photography book, and I think it&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-10702"><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/weathered/#post-39697" rel="nofollow ugc">Read more</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">bee8b9c13ea57b03ef19115610bead14</guid>
				<title>Lyd-B replied to the topic Weathered in the forum Photo Critique</title>
				<link>https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/weathered/#post-39671</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 14 May 2019 13:56:59 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/paulnmerrie/" rel="nofollow ugc">@paulnmerrie</a>, here are my thoughts on the two photos.</p>
<p>#1- I really like the subject in this photo &#8211; it&#8217;s unique and I like the perspective! The photo is a little messy with the grass sticking up in front of the wood; I think it could be warmed up as well. </p>
<p>#2- I appreciate the concept you were trying to capture here, but the pines just don&#8217;t&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-10696"><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/weathered/#post-39671" rel="nofollow ugc">Read more</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">ae77f0a9a47e77235d07281b04031d0d</guid>
				<title>John Machen replied to the topic Yosemite Falls in the forum Photo Critique</title>
				<link>https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/yosemite-falls/#post-37662</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 10 Mar 2019 03:06:40 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/paulnmerrie/" rel="nofollow ugc">@paulnmerrie</a> yes I&#8217;ve heard of, and know some about the falls. But living on the East coast, I haven&#8217;t had the experience of visiting Yosemite yet. My dad has been there and wants to go back as well. 🙂<br />
No, pictures don&#8217;t do justice to the roar and power of a waterfall. I&#8217;ve attached a picture that I found on an online source of the upper and&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-10413"><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/yosemite-falls/#post-37662" rel="nofollow ugc">Read more</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">75de537edc1d6516f7b4a5c82df70050</guid>
				<title>James Staddon replied to the topic Refreshing  - Springtime Theme (ends May 19) in the forum Shoot to Serve Assignments</title>
				<link>https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/refreshing-springtime-theme-ends-may-19/page/2/#post-30945</link>
				<pubDate>Tue, 22 May 2018 19:58:59 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Oh guys, this is AWESOME!!!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU so much <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/joseph/" rel="nofollow ugc">@joseph</a>, <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/elianafranzenburg/" rel="nofollow ugc">@elianafranzenburg</a>, <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/bennett-family/" rel="nofollow ugc">@bennett-family</a>, <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/elliespics/" rel="nofollow ugc">@elliespics</a>, <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/morganwriter1gmail-com/" rel="nofollow ugc">@morganwriter1gmail-com</a>, <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/creative-click-photography/" rel="nofollow ugc">@creative-click-photography</a>, <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/blessingscaptured/" rel="nofollow ugc">@blessingscaptured</a>, <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/paulnmerrie/" rel="nofollow ugc">@paulnmerrie</a>, <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/rmadaris/" rel="nofollow ugc">@rmadaris</a> and <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/vince/" rel="nofollow ugc">@vince</a>! There has <em>never </em>been a submission turn out of this magnitude before!</p>
<p>Just looking over all the pictures here&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-8119"><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/refreshing-springtime-theme-ends-may-19/page/2/#post-30945" rel="nofollow ugc">Read more</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">4f88b841a187abb98c623790e7996732</guid>
				<title>Benjamin Holmes replied to the topic Morning Glory in the forum Photo Critique</title>
				<link>https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/morning-glory/#post-30792</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 12 May 2018 04:48:35 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/paulnmerrie/" rel="nofollow ugc">@paulnmerrie</a> I really love your photo! (especially without the airplane trail! 😉 ) </p>
<p>You may find better results healing things on your phone out with Photoshop Fix. (free on the AppStore. You may or may not need a free Adobe account. Can&#8217;t remember!) If you&#8217;d like a more powerful healing and selection engine, Pixelmator is available on your&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-8060"><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/morning-glory/#post-30792" rel="nofollow ugc">Read more</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">e67520702a00d8f3bd06fe1b639352f1</guid>
				<title>Ryan Madaris replied to the topic Morning Glory in the forum Photo Critique</title>
				<link>https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/morning-glory/#post-30791</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 12 May 2018 03:02:09 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/paulnmerrie/" rel="nofollow ugc">@paulnmerrie</a>, I like it a lot better that way! The horizontal crop does work better, like <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/dan-cope/" rel="nofollow ugc">@dan-cope</a> said.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">e96d8ba7e67f65582d008779d09cad7e</guid>
				<title>Joseph Camuso replied to the topic Morning Glory in the forum Photo Critique</title>
				<link>https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/morning-glory/#post-30785</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 11 May 2018 22:04:53 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Wow, <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/paulnmerrie/" rel="nofollow ugc">@paulnmerrie</a>! I love your picture! Personally, I like the coloring and bold contrast.<br />
However, my eyes were almost immediately drawn to the contrail. So, I put it into GIMP and did a rough edit to take out the trail.<br />
Very nice shot, though!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">7f45dc3f59ba33a04aa86fb8b659c0d9</guid>
				<title>Ryan Madaris replied to the topic Morning Glory in the forum Photo Critique</title>
				<link>https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/morning-glory/#post-30779</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 11 May 2018 17:33:17 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/paulnmerrie/" rel="nofollow ugc">@paulnmerrie</a>, ok, it&#8217;s still a great photo! </p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">b0d90bc9d7b4a7345869fe4e3b837974</guid>
				<title>Benjamin Holmes replied to the topic Judges 6:14 VPO: Exploring Vistas (ends May 3) in the forum Shoot to Serve Assignments</title>
				<link>https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/judges-614-vpo-exploring-vistas-ends-may-3/page/2/#post-30693</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 07 May 2018 18:50:36 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hi everyone!</p>
<p>Unfortunately, I wasn&#8217;t able to use any of the submissions for this month&#8217;s VersePic. After seeing which photos I was interested in using (the ones that best portrayed or emphasized the verse), I realized that the photo I wanted to use, <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/paulnmerrie/" rel="nofollow ugc">@paulnmerrie</a>&#8216;s photo of the Chicago Skyline, was only 1000px wide. As the VP&#8217;s are exported at&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-8019"><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/judges-614-vpo-exploring-vistas-ends-may-3/page/2/#post-30693" rel="nofollow ugc">Read more</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">673c9c38f520e3b890e078ca21207b21</guid>
				<title>Benjamin Holmes replied to the topic Judges 6:14 VPO: Exploring Vistas (ends May 3) in the forum Shoot to Serve Assignments</title>
				<link>https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/judges-614-vpo-exploring-vistas-ends-may-3/#post-30554</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 29 Apr 2018 03:05:14 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/jametalbgmail-com/" rel="nofollow ugc">@jametalbgmail-com</a> Hi Jim! If you&#8217;re having trouble uploading your submission to the forum, feel free to submit through the DFR link:</p>
<p><a href="https://www.dropbox.com/request/H4VWZ1hE0fEkNxnNOokN" rel="noopener" rel="nofollow ugc">https://www.dropbox.com/request/H4VWZ1hE0fEkNxnNOokN</a></p>
<p><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/paulnmerrie/" rel="nofollow ugc">@paulnmerrie</a> That looks great, Paul! That view is exactly the type I&#8217;m looking for. More of that please! 🙂</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">f81aab65ce6ed7e3d1f8a9ed5ffa9b3f</guid>
				<title>Benjamin Holmes replied to the topic Judges 6:14 VPO: Exploring Vistas (ends May 3) in the forum Shoot to Serve Assignments</title>
				<link>https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/judges-614-vpo-exploring-vistas-ends-may-3/#post-30514</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 25 Apr 2018 02:34:19 -0400</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/paulnmerrie/" rel="nofollow ugc">@paulnmerrie</a></p>
<p>Hi Paul! It&#8217;s always great to see new faces in the VPOs. 🙂</p>
<p>Just to clarify, you can absolutely submit JPEG files and still have your submission be picked. All of the VersePics that you&#8217;ll see on our site that do not have Lenspiration photos&#8212;an extremely large portion&#8212;were created from JPEGs, so you don&#8217;t need to be worried&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-7946"><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/judges-614-vpo-exploring-vistas-ends-may-3/#post-30514" rel="nofollow ugc">Read more</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">f4361cc6f323a53e9a7f49eb392f39bf</guid>
				<title>James Staddon replied to the topic Shooting Into The Sun (ends January 13) in the forum Shoot to Serve Assignments</title>
				<link>https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/shooting-into-the-sun-ends-january-13/#post-28289</link>
				<pubDate>Mon, 15 Jan 2018 19:11:10 -0500</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Guys, you have done such a fantastic job!</p>
<p><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/rmadaris/" rel="nofollow ugc">@rmadaris</a>, I love the simplicity in your shots. <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/elianafranzenburg/" rel="nofollow ugc">@elianafranzenburg</a>, you&#8217;re so consistent with your submissions. <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/paulnmerrie/" rel="nofollow ugc">@paulnmerrie</a>, what beautiful locations to shoot. <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/modestyl/" rel="nofollow ugc">@modestyl</a>, how more beautifully dramatic can a photo get? <a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/members/creative-click-photography/" rel="nofollow ugc">@creative-click-photography</a>, the airy warmth of your photos are irresistible!</p>
<p>Thank&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-6998"><a href="https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/shooting-into-the-sun-ends-january-13/#post-28289" rel="nofollow ugc">Read more</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
		
	</channel>
</rss>