Judges 6:14 VPO: Exploring Vistas (ends May 3)

Home Forums Shoot to Serve Photo Assignments Judges 6:14 VPO: Exploring Vistas (ends May 3)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Holmes

Good Evening Lenspiration!

This time, we’re looking for photos that would fit Judges 6:14:

“And the Lord looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?”

Your submitted photos will be used as a background to the verse as part of our VersePics Ministry. This time, I’m asking for you to submit your most incredible vistas!

You might be wondering why. Well, I’m thinking of the idea of being “sent out” into the world, and I feel like seeing a “panoramic view” of nature, a crowd, or even a city would perfectly highlight that aspect of the verse. (On a side note, please don’t take that the wrong way and submit a panoramic photo!)

Full details on submission rules, the RAW submission link (the DFR), what the images will be used for, and everything else will be found in the VersePic Opportunity FAQ page, https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/versepic-opportunity-faq/

Thank you for your support in this ministry!

Ben
    Sharpening Character’s VersePic Director

RECAP
    Request: A photo to backdrop Judges 6:14
    Photo ideas: Vistas, outlooks, or “panoramic views”
    Deadline: May 3rd

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by James Staddon.
    Ryan Madaris
    Participant

I don’t think this is exactly what you want, but it’s very interesting to me. It has a lot of open space for the words.

Attachments:
    Ryan Madaris
    Participant

This is another one, taken in a different place. I shot this photo of Chattanooga, Tennessee, and the Tennessee River from the top of Lookout Mountain.

Attachments:
    Benjamin Holmes

@rmadaris Unfortunately, that isn’t quite what I’m looking for. Thanks for thinking of us and submitting it though! πŸ™‚

Benjamin Holmes

@rmadaris I must have loaded the page before you submitted that second photo, Ryan! That’s definitely much closer to what I’m looking for. Thanks!

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

@bensharpeningcharacter, no problem. Thanks!

Paul Johnson
    Participant

Here is photo I have that I think works. I know it isn’t usable as it isn’t a RAW photo, but wanted to submit it anyway. I am now shooting in RAW, so I should be able to participate more often now.

Attachments:
    Paul Johnson
    Participant

Another shot.

Attachments:
    Benjamin Holmes

@paulnmerrie

Hi Paul! It’s always great to see new faces in the VPOs. πŸ™‚

Just to clarify, you can absolutely submit JPEG files and still have your submission be picked. All of the VersePics that you’ll see on our site that do not have Lenspiration photos—an extremely large portion—were created from JPEGs, so you don’t need to be worried about me being biased against the file type! I do, however, ask that when possible people do submit RAW unedited files as they give me greater creative freedom.

For more information about that, you can look at the VersePic Opportunity FAQ page on the forum.

All that to say, your submissions will absolutley be considered. Thank you for submitting them!

Jim Talbert
    Participant

Independance Pass in Colorado

Jinny Schober
    Participant

@jametalbgmail-com, if you meant to post a picture, I’m afraid the picture didn’t come through! Maybe the file size was to big?

Paul Johnson
    Participant

Here is another photo. Chicago skyline with Lake Michigan in the background taken from the Willis Tower.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Paul Johnson.
    Attachments:
    Jim Talbert
    Participant

Yes it was too large.

Benjamin Holmes

@jametalbgmail-com Hi Jim! If you’re having trouble uploading your submission to the forum, feel free to submit through the DFR link:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/H4VWZ1hE0fEkNxnNOokN

@paulnmerrie That looks great, Paul! That view is exactly the type I’m looking for. More of that please! πŸ™‚

Dan Cope
    Participant

Here’s a couple shots from the Badlands in South Dakota

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Judges 6:14 VPO: Exploring Vistas (ends May 3)’ is closed to new replies.

Pin It on Pinterest