Tagged: Shooting into the sun
January 8, 2018 at 2:45 pm #28149
After a fantastic Christmas and New Years, I’m ready to get back to shootin’ assignments again!
This week’s assignment is to photograph (or pull from your portfolio) a picture that’s “shooting into the sun” to illustrate the hymn Glory To His Name.
Reply to this topic with your submissions!
• Requester: IBLP Family Conferences
• Purpose: To be used as a background image for a powerpoint of the hymn Glory To His Name.
• Request: A photo that illustrates the concept of glory. Suggestions include brilliant sunrises or sunsets, or golden hour scenes with the sun still above the horizon. Meditate on the complete lyrics for more ideas.
• Image Specs: Pictures you submit must be at least 3000 pixels longest edge. Edit however you like. Please, no watermarks.
• How to Submit: Attach JPGs less than 2MB in size in reply to this topic. (Learn to downsize JPGs appropriately in this video.)
• Remuneration: Your submissions are a tangible gift to a non-profit, Christian ministry. A real opportunity to shoot to serve. Use this as an opportunity to practice with a purpose.
• Terms: Chosen submissions will be used as if it was purchased under a Royalty Free license. You continue to retain full rights to your image.
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, January 13, 2017.
Related training video:
Photographing an Enchanted Sunset in an Epic Location! Use the tip at the end to remove unwanted lens fare that usually results from shooting directly toward the sun.
The winning photo for this assignment will be announced on the live webinar on Tuesday, January 16 at 7pm ET. Registration available here. The $19 registration fee for this webinar may be bypassed by using the secret link sent at an arbitrary time before the webinar to those who are subscribed to “Photo Assignments” at http://www.lenspiration.com/subscribe.
Can’t wait to see everyone’s submissions!
January 8, 2018 at 6:11 pm #28153
- This topic was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by James Staddon.
Ryan MadarisParticipantJanuary 10, 2018 at 4:27 pm #28177
Eliana FranzenburgParticipantJanuary 11, 2018 at 4:53 pm #28199
AbbyParticipantJanuary 12, 2018 at 12:53 pm #28207
Ryan MadarisParticipantJanuary 12, 2018 at 5:47 pm #28219
Paul JohnsonParticipantJanuary 13, 2018 at 6:28 pm #28253
Modesty LymanParticipantJanuary 15, 2018 at 4:20 am #28273
Caitlin ComptonParticipantJanuary 15, 2018 at 2:11 pm #28289
Guys, you have done such a fantastic job!
@rmadaris, I love the simplicity in your shots. @elianafranzenburg, you’re so consistent with your submissions. @paulnmerrie, what beautiful locations to shoot. @modestyl, how more beautifully dramatic can a photo get? @creative-click-photography, the airy warmth of your photos are irresistible!
Thank you, thank you so much, everyone for your submissions! I absolutely can not wait to critique them tomorrow. I’ll have to figure out who the winner is too. 🙂 If you haven’t already registered for the webinar via the secret link that I sent out a few days ago, you can register at http://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-jan-16/. Or, of course, if you’re a PRO member you can always register for free at http://www.lenspiration.com/promember
See you tomorrow!
January 18, 2018 at 1:05 pm #28402
- This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by James Staddon.
Thank you so much, everyone, AGAIN for helping out with this assignment. Your participation has been a real blessing to those who were needing the picture. Even if your photo wasn’t chosen, doesn’t it feel good to be part of a group of photographers who enjoy serving others?! If you missed the webinar (and want to find out who won the assignment!) or just want to re-watch it, anyone who registered for the webinar may re-watch it for a very limited amount of time using the link emailed to them immediately after the webinar. And of course, if you’re a PRO member, you can watch the replay anytime you want: https://www.lenspiration.com/video/webinar011618/
The topic ‘Shooting Into The Sun (ends January 13)’ is closed to new replies.