Adobe CC auto-updates

Home Forums Photography Q&A Adobe CC auto-updates

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lydia Bennett

Hey all, kind of a weird question here, but I guess I’ll ask it anyways.

For those of you with an Adobe CC photography subscription, do you let your CC apps auto-update, or not?

And are there any negatives to having auto-updates ON?

This came to mind, because most programs on my computer don’t just update on their own without “asking” me so when Creative Cloud decided to update all its apps on my computer yesterday, it kind of caught me by surprise. πŸ™‚

Ezra Morley

Welcome to the world of “cloud” subscriptions. πŸ™‚

The trend in technology seems to be moving towards “automatic” updates that don’t require user interaction. Windows is the most egregious example. Windows 10 downloads and installs updates (usually) without any user interaction, except when a restart is required.

The only potential negative that I can think of is that sometimes updates are buggy, and could potentially make your software unusable temporarily until they push a bug-fix.

John Machen
    Participant

I like to update it about two weeks after the update was released, just in case it was a buggy update like @buddingphotographer said. By that time they’d have pulled any bad updates so it should be safe. And, it’s not like I’ve seen a Adobe CC update you needed immediately… πŸ˜‰

James Staddon
    Keymaster

I prefer to keep auto-update off. Maybe it’s just because that’s the way I’m used to. But I do agree with the reasons given by Ezra and John.

Lydia Bennett

Ok! That makes sense. I’ve decided to turn mine off…I just prefer to have a little more control over that.

So, do you just get a computer notification and then update a few weeks after that?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest