Comparing 2 Nikon Lenses

Home Forums Photography Q&A Comparing 2 Nikon Lenses

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Amber Nelson 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Amber Nelson
    Participant

Ok, I’ll just go with the 50mm so that the people in the pictures look nice. 😉 I surely wouldn’t want distorted faces! Thank you, everyone, for being willing to help me out even though I’ve asked quite a few questions for one post…it is greatly appreciated!

Ezra Morley
    Participant

I think the 50mm is a better choice too, at least for portraits. 🙂 You are very welcome! That’s why we’re here, is to help people with all their questions!

Amber Nelson
    Participant

I ordered the 50mm Nikkor lens and received it yesterday…I love it! Last night, I was so excited to see how it worked, that I took my little brother outside to do a photo-shoot of him all dressed up. 🙂 My biggest concern in portrait photography is getting the eye tack sharp and I’d say this lens does a good job of it! Also, @buddingphotographer, the photography rule that you mentioned earlier works so well – I’ve been experimenting these last few days and my photos look sharper than before, which I’m very thankful for! Thanks again for the tips!

Attachments:

Ezra Morley
    Participant

That’s good news! Isn’t it exciting to try out a new lens? 🙂 Glad to hear that your portraits are turning out better, that’s always a good thing too!

You are very welcome, that’s what we’re here for!

Amber Nelson
    Participant

Yes, it is always exciting to get any new photography gear! 😉

James Staddon
    Keymaster

That’s a great shot @freedomphotography! As tack sharp as it gets, and even shot in the low light of shade (it looks like)!

Amber Nelson
    Participant

Thanks, @jamesstaddon! Yes, this photo was taken around 7:20pm in a shady area…the 50mm is a great lens to use in this situation!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest