Creating a Professional Watermark

Home Forums Photography Q&A Creating a Professional Watermark

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Caitlin Compton 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Hi! πŸ™‚

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on designing a simple, but professional, looking watermark for my photos. I’ve used the watermark that Lightroom sorta makes for you, but it really doesn’t look that great – at least to me anyway! πŸ™‚ My family has Adobe InDesign, Lightroom and Photoshop.

James Staddon
    Keymaster

You have all the tools you need to create a professional watermark, @creative-click-photography! Before jumping into photography, I worked as a graphic designer full time, so in today’s webinar I’ll share 4 tips that I think will help you get started in putting together an awesome watermark! (And if we have time, I’ll show you how I automatically apply the watermark to all my images using Lightroom too.)

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Sounds great @jamesstaddon. I missed the live webinar unfortunately, and the link for the replay does’t work anymore. I’m guessing you’ll put the webinar on here at some point?!

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Yes, @creative-click-photography, here’s link to the snippet of webinar where I talked about how to design text for a watermark and how to apply it to your photos using Lightroom. Would love to see your watermark when you’ve finished putting it together!

https://www.lenspiration.com/video/creating-watermark/

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Thanks @jamesstaddon – just watched it. The tips were great! Now, to design it . . . πŸ™‚

When I’m done, I’ll post it on here. πŸ™‚

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Well, it’s taken awhile, but I’ve finally had a go at designing a watermark. Yay! I’m sort of happy with it, but then I’m not sure if it’s quite the right look or really suits my photos. What do you think? I’m all ears for anyone’s suggestions. πŸ™‚

Attachments:

Morgan Giesbrecht
    Participant

You’ve done a good job with combining a creative flair with a clean business type look. I like it; well done! πŸ™‚

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

I agree – it looks great!
    As far as whether or not it suits your photos, perhaps you could post a couple photos with it on them to see what it looks like?

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Thankyou so much @morganwriter1gmail-com & @bennett-family for your words of encouragment! πŸ™‚

Here are some examples of it on my photos, @bennett-family.

Attachments:

Morgan Giesbrecht
    Participant

Looks really good, @creative-click-photography! πŸ™‚

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

It looks very nice! I love your photos – especially the first two!

Logan Lamar
    Participant

@creative-click-photography, I think it looks fantastic. This reminds me that I need to come up with a better watermark for my photos (right now it’s just my name in Kaiti SC).

James Staddon
    Keymaster

I’m not sure if it’s quite the right look or really suits my photos. What do you think?

I’d say so!

What font did you use? The script one.

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Thanks so much, @morganwriter1gmail-com, @bennett-family and @loganlamar! πŸ™‚ I’m so glad to finally have my watermark done.

@jamesstaddon – The script is called Shellomita from dafont. Thanks for your thoughts on the webinar the other day! I’ve adjusted ‘photography’ – now there’s equal space and it looks more balanced. πŸ˜€

Morgan Giesbrecht
    Participant

Happy to be of service, @creative-click-photography; you’ve done a great job! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest