July 19, 2019 at 12:02 pm #42094
• Purpose: Family Conferences is requesting a photo to backdrop a PowerPoint of the hymn, It’s Just Like His Great Love, that will be presented on the big screen at their annual Conferences!
• Request: A photo that illustrates the lyrics of the hymn in one way or another. Feel free to be creative with your own interpretation of the lyrics and share your perspective when you submit your photos. The song talks a lot about clouds rolling away, so “storm clouds breaking” is what you can shoot if you don’t come up with any other ideas for how to illustrate the song. Other ideas could include photos of friendship, prayer, and walking “along the way”.
• Special Instructions: If photographing breaking storm clouds, be sure to emphasize the “sunshine after rain” aspect! The bright sunlight should be very evident. Keep objects off-center so that the center of the frame can be an uncluttered backdrop for the text of the song.
• Orientation: Horizontal; photo will be cropped almost square.
• Photo Specs: Submit RAW, DNG or JPG files at least 3000 pixels longest edge. Edit however you like. No watermarks.
• How to Submit:
1) Attach JPGs less than 8MB in size in reply to this topic (especially if you would like them to be critiqued).
2) Upload originals or DNGs to this link.
• Remuneration: Thanks to an anonymous donor, $15 will be awarded to Lenspiration Members if their photo is chosen!
• Terms: By submitting your photo(s) on this forum, you agree to the terms outlined in the STS Photo Assignment Agreement.
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, August 10, 2019 (or until this topic is no longer highlighted yellow).
Get related training and watch how I shot this assignment at On Assignment: Waiting for a Breakthrough!
Sign up to watch the critique of the photos submitted for this assignment at Photo Critique Webinar #43 (August 13)
July 20, 2019 at 3:46 pm #42206August 3, 2019 at 10:42 pm #42607
- This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by James Staddon.
Here are my “Storm Clouds Breaking” Photos 🙂
August 3, 2019 at 10:59 pm #42617August 4, 2019 at 12:46 pm #42620August 5, 2019 at 11:14 am #42634
- This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Sonja Grace.
Wow, thanks so much, @sonja-grace! Gotta say, there’s some benefits to living in Colorado. 🙂 Glad you figured out how to get them attached!August 5, 2019 at 8:59 pm #42636Kenneth EboParticipant
Here are some of my pictures of Texas clouds.
August 7, 2019 at 5:04 pm #42712Lydia BennettParticipant
- This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Kenneth Ebo.
Alright, here are my submissions! This is the best that the clouds and I did at coordinating our schedules. 😀
@jamesstaddon, something I encountered with some of these photos was the challenge of editing with high noise situations (specifically filenames ending in _0126 and _0207). I’ve sometimes been struggling with this in various other photos I edited lately, whether it be due to high ISO or due to bringing up exposure and shadows quite a bit (the latter was the case for these particular photos). Perhaps you could touch on that at the webinar on Tuesday? 🙂August 7, 2019 at 5:09 pm #42718Lydia BennettParticipant
And then for some submissions based on my personal take on the hymn….
As I reviewed the words to this hymn, I was struck by how personal a song of testimony it is! First off, it’s written in the first person. 🙂 But beyond that, it’s a beautiful reminder of how personal my relationship with Christ is. He is my Friend, my Savior, and how He loves and cares for me is seen vividly through this song.
So… I set out to try and illustrate that!
I posed my sister in the field to portray the unabashed love, praise and joy that we can experience in our relationship with the Lord, as seen in the text of the hymn.
Also as I read through the song, each verse depicts the concept of times of deep difficulty (whether that be due to struggling with sin, sorrow, etc.) and the joyful relief that can be found when we give it to Christ and accept His cleansing and comfort. This is what my other sister and I tried to show in the other three pictures I’m submitting.August 7, 2019 at 8:22 pm #42732August 7, 2019 at 9:16 pm #42738August 8, 2019 at 4:37 pm #42753
Hey, great to see some cloud photos rolling in!August 9, 2019 at 7:45 pm #42818
Here are a few more photos:August 9, 2019 at 7:53 pm #42820Marie-Pier RhéaumeParticipantAugust 10, 2019 at 7:31 am #42829
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.