April 3, 2021 at 12:02 pm #61277LenspirationModerator
• Publisher: Christian Horstmann from Christian Family Reformation
• Purpose: Our website is dedicated to the promotion of homeschooling and support of the Christian family in our increasingly secular modern culture.
• Request: A professional-quality looking photo of a family in modest clothing, where both parents and at least 3 children (or more) are reading the Bible or praying together. If possible, we’d like to see a mix of both older and younger children. Including grandparent(s) is also a welcomed option.
• Special Instructions: May be an indoor or outdoor shot that gives a general atmosphere of family love and unity. If shooting indoors, a cozy atmosphere, such as the kitchen table or fireside living room are both great settings. For an outdoor location please consider a location that is more rural/quiet/garden-like or something that will convey a sense of serenity and peacefulness. Our preference is for the women and girls to be in skirts/dresses, with the men and boys in button down or polo shirts.
• Orientation: Horizontal or square. This is for the header on our website’s homepage, so we would appreciate a slight off-centering to the right in order to leave room for words and/or logo overlapping the photo on the left.
• Photo Specs: We would prefer to have these submitted in PNG or JPG format. Feel free to edit them any way you think makes them look best! Please have a minimum of 3000 pixels on longest side.
• How to Submit: Members can follow the A, B, C process outlined here. (Instructions for non-members can be viewed here.) You can submit up to 10 photos.
• Remuneration: We will offer $30 to the photographer whose work is selected, as well as a caption on our site that mentions your name/business/studio name.
• Terms: By submitting your photo(s) on this forum, you agree to the terms outlined in the STS Photo Assignment Agreement. Please note that we would also like to have permission to use the photos we receive for other projects that our organization wants to create in the future (including but not limited to book illustrations and covers, and blog post illustrations).
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, April 24, 2021 (or until this topic is no longer highlighted yellow).
• Important note: The person you photograph (or the parents/guardian of the person) will need to sign a model release (like this one). You do not need to submit the signed model releases to Lenspiration unless specifically requested.
Watch how I shot this assignment and get related training on how to shoot it yourself at On Assignment: Family Having Devotions.
Watch the photos submitted for this assignment get critiqued live by registering for the April 27 Photo Critique Webinar!April 3, 2021 at 12:05 pm #61863James StaddonKeymasterApril 19, 2021 at 9:46 pm #62095Blessings CapturedParticipantApril 20, 2021 at 2:42 pm #62101
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.