FEATURED: Harvest

Home Forums Shoot to Serve Photo Assignments FEATURED: Harvest

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Greta
    Participant

I enjoyed thinking about this project and semi preparing for it. I decided to try to illustrate Matthew 4:4 with the theme of bread. I tried to get it looking as 1st century as I knew how. The bread is a recipe I found called focaccia bread which originated around the 5th or 6th century A. D. . It’s not the 1st century, but its kind of close. 🙂 My younger brother and I went rock hunting in our creek for a nice flat rock plater. It was fun. I’m curious to hear what you think.

Attachments:
    Sarah Beers
    Participant

Here are some pictures I took of tomatoes harvested from my garden.

Attachments:
    Sarah Beers
    Participant

Here are a few more.

Attachments:
    Hannah Espineda
    Participant

Here are some photos of “harvest” that I shot this spring and summer in our yard. Not sure if they are exactly calendar worthy or illustrate the concept of Hebrews 11:3? but I am looking forward to learning from this project! All critique and tips for improvement are welcome 🙂

Camera used for all my photos: Nikon D750. Lens: 50mm 1.8. I think I used the 70-200 2.8 for the tangerine photo.

Really inspiring to see everyone’s submissions! 😀

Attachments:
    James Staddon
    Keymaster

It was really fun to watch everyone’s submissions come in over the last couple of days! I was watching “from afar” over the last week or so as I was doing two Photography Field Days and some travel, but I’m really looking forward to looking at them in more detail tonight during the webinar! If you haven’t already registered for it, the link is: https://www.lenspiration.com/webinar/photo-critique-56/ See you at 7!

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Ok everyone, thank you for your patience! The winner for this assignment has been chosen! From Eric:

“Thanks again for shepherding this project of picture-hunting. 🙂 Elizabeth and I decided on #35. It looks very E. European and will work perfectly! And . . . our thanks to everyone who participated. Thanks for doing such a great job!”

So, congratulations @frazer-family. I’ll PayPal you your prize!

Some things to take note of: The photo is sharp. It’s hard to use photos that are not. Any lighting issues with reflections on the basket can be photoshopped. One thing specifically that they mentioned is that it felt very Euopean. I don’t exactly know how to get that feeling, but that might be worth taking note of for future assignments for Eric. I would have liked to see more of the bread loaf, but hopefully with the verse in the blank area, it will look better and framed well. I think the authentic-ness of the home-harvested wheat helps make this photo unique and memorable. 🙂

Attachments:
    James Staddon
    Keymaster

For the second verse, thank you @sonja-grace, for providing some pictures for Eric to choose from for that verse. You deserve an honorable mention. Here’s Eric’s comment: “#3 is beautiful and will work well with the verse. We’re not excited about the pile of wood in the corner, but I don’t think it’ll distract too much.” If you’d like to try your hand at splitting and putting away the stack of wood in Photoshop, feel free. 🙂

Attachments:
    Frazer Family
    Participant

Great work, Evelyn!

William Frazer

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest