FEATURED: Perfect Order in Nature

Home Forums Shoot to Serve Photo Assignments FEATURED: Perfect Order in Nature

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Amber Nelson
    Participant

I absolutely love taking photos of beautiful flowers and do it quite often, so I was really excited to see the topic for this assignment! Although most of these are from my archive, I did take a couple photos of our elderberry bushes and roses.

Attachments:
    Allie Nelson
    Participant

Flowers are one of my favorite things to capture! πŸ™‚

Attachments:
    Ernest Lloyd
    Participant

Well, for this assignment all I had to to do was open the backdoor! (Quite easy, which means that I had a lot more options to chose from.) πŸ™‚
    I went around with my 70-300 lens for awhile to separate the subject from the background. Then I took my 50mm and put some extension tubes on it to get some super close-ups.
    Then I found some unique flies and decided to photograph them.
    Very fun assignment!

Attachments:
    Ernest Lloyd
    Participant

Here are some others. So hard to choose…!

Attachments:
    Ernest Lloyd
    Participant

The last two.

Attachments:
    Caitlin Compton
    Participant

So enjoyed getting the camera out and photographing symmetry in nature! Who would’ve thought taking pictures of cacti and succulents could be so fun. 😊

Attachments:
    Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Here are some more that I’ve pulled from my portfolio. πŸ™‚

Attachments:
    Lydia Bennett

Wow, it is just so amazing to see the variety of flowers and plants everyone is submitting! Incredible!

Here are my photos!

The first four are ones I shot specifically for this assignment. It was a good challenge to find truly perfect order in nature….like, without any imperfections!? I discovered quite a few things around my yard have little insect bites or a leaf or petal missing, a slight lack of symmetry, or something that made them not quite perfect! πŸ™‚

I enjoyed challenging myself to keep a close watch on my backgrounds. I tried to adjust my position as best I could so the highlights and shadows in the background bokeh would complement the subject placement. One of my sisters actually held the flower and the stalk of leaves in the air for me so I could have a nice simple scene! That helped give me more control over the end result too.

The one of the lavender flowers is one I shot recently, and thought it could work quite well for this assignment.

And the other two are from my archives!

Attachments:
    Ezra Landis
    Participant

Here’s a flower that i had the chance to take

Attachments:
    Melody Jore
    Participant

A tiny wild flower I discovered in our yard.

Attachments:
    Caleb Moulder
    Participant

Part 1

Attachments:
    Caleb Moulder
    Participant

Part 2

Attachments:
    Greta
    Participant

I enjoyed this photo assignment. I recently learned that roses have the fibonacci numbers incorporated into their design, which I find incredible. I also learned during this assignment just how little I really know about my camera.
    I was having a hard time getting the flower to be tack sharp and the background to be a smooth blur. My Camera is a Canon Rebel T6, so I think there must be some way to get it go below F4.5, but I haven’t figured it out yet. The lens I used said, “Macro 0.25m/0.8ft”, but I couldn’t get the Aperture needle to go below F4.5.

Attachments:
    Martha Lapp
    Participant

I really enjoyed this assignment… the first 8 are ones I took in my backyard.. I’m not sure if the 6th and 7th photos really portray what they’re looking for, but I thought since the container is symmetrical too, I would include them..:) and the rest are some I took at some ancient castle ruins in Greece earlier this year…

Attachments:
    Martha Lapp
    Participant

this was a fun assignment for me… the first 4 pictures I took at some ancient castle ruins in Greece earlier this year… the rest I took in my back yard…

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest