Little Girl in a Dress (ends December 10)

Home Forums Shoot to Serve Photo Assignments Little Girl in a Dress (ends December 10)

This topic contains 31 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lydia Bennett 1 day, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

@loganlamar

I don’t think I want her all over the Internet.

We totally understand your concern! The photo will only be on our website and we may use it for promotional emails or some other type of promotional need. To be honest, once the image is on our website, your photo will be on the internet anyway and could come up in a Google search etc which is out of our control. But, no. We won’t be plastering it all over the internet. 🙂 You could always have a go at taking a photo of her without her face or more of a side view so that she’s not recognizable.

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

Here are my submissions!

Attachments:

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

And some more…

Attachments:

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

@creative-click-photography

Let me know if I need to send you or @jamesstaddon a copy of the signed model release.

Oh and also if you change your mind about not wanting a violin as a prop, let me know. 😉 She plays the violin so I included that in the shoot.

Attachments:

Logan Lamar
    Participant

@creative-click-photography—will you be needing more photos later? It looks like I’ll be missing this assignment (and I have six sisters…) (not kidding).

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

@bennett-family, thanks for your submissions! 🙂 Would it be possible for you to post the pictures of her with the violin, too? We’re interested to see what they look like!

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

@loganlamar

will you be needing more photos later? It looks like I’ll be missing this assignment

We’d love to see some of your work! We’ll keep this assignment open till the 10th (if that’s ok with @jamesstaddon?) so that you can take some photos for it.
    BTW, the girl doesn’t have to be in a dress, it can be a skirt. Please make sure that her dress/skirt is at least halfway between the knee and ankle in length. We had a pose idea – maybe you could get your sister to run towards the camera, laughing. More of a close up, could be looking upwards into the camera slightly. Just play around – the more poses the better! 🙂 We’re not opposed to a closeup portrait type photo, but would like ones that include the whole girl, too.

(and I have six sisters…) (not kidding).

😀

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Keeping the assignment open till the 10th is fine with me!

Logan Lamar
    Participant

I don’t think I’ll be shooting this one, actually—but thanks for holding the door open! If anyone wants to submit images, now is the time!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Logan Lamar.

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

@creative-click-photography, I’d love to post violin pictures! 🙂 Here you go! Let me know if you want any of them via the dropbox link as well.

@loganlamar, there are six sisters in my family too! Best number ever! 😉

Attachments:

Mia D
    Participant

Here are some more pics I took. I don’t have a good editing program, so they are not edited very good. :p

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Caitlin, you certainly have some options here! Do you think you’ll have a winner chosen by 7pm tonight? If you do, I’d love to announce it on the webinar! Whether you do or not, be sure to let everyone know here on the forum which shot you choose to use. I think we are all waiting with great anticipation!

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Here’s what we said on the webinar tonight. In case you missed it here’s the announcement!

Thank-you so much everyone for your interest and submissions for our assignment! We know you all put a lot of work and time into this and really appreciate it. Unfortunately, none of the images are going to be suitable for the girls category image. What the picture portrays is very important to us. This picture is one of the first things people will see advertising our clothing and they will naturally presume that it’s the type of clothing that we will be selling and promoting. With that in mind, here are some of the overall reasons why they won’t work.
    – We were really after a longer dress. Some of the poses you both did caused the dress to come up to/or above the knee, which is a bit too short for us. Also, even when just standing there, it was still a bit short for us. The clothing we’re selling is going to be on the longer side, so we want to make sure people see that instantly.
    – We won’t be selling clothing like the models are wearing. We’ll be selling things that are more smart casual as opposed to really dressy. But the type of dresses you chose are pretty! We realise that this is partly our fault due to not giving more specifics, sorry! We’ll try to give more details if we do another assignment sometime.
    – Lastly, we were after more of a vibrant, happy feel. Obviously that’s pretty hard as it’s winter in America, so we understand you just worked with what you had.

But, we do have some good news! Even though they won’t work for the girls category, one of them works great for a banner! Yay! The reason it works is because the banner won’t be advertising our clothing as such. More a verse or quote promoting modesty.

So, now it’s time to announce the winner! Drumroll please. . .and the winner is – Mia! @mia Congratulations! We’ve chosen image – PAIMG_6374.jpg This image works great for a banner because of all the space and the fact that the model is placed on a third. The image really suits the quote that we’ve chosen to put with it – the outfit, colours and expression speak of elegance. Thankyou so much, Mia! Please pass on a big thankyou to your model as well! And also, a big thanks to you and you model, @bennett-family! We’ve attached a photo of a quick banner that we threw together to show you the type of thing we’ll be doing with it.

@mia, do you think you could please send us the photo we’ve chosen via the Dropbox link? If you shot it in RAW we’d really appreciate that file. Also, could you please sign the minor model release form that @jamesstaddon provided and send a scan/photo of that just to us via the Dropbox link?

Thanks again everyone!

Attachments:

Mia D
    Participant

@Caitlin Copton
    Wow! so exciting! My sis and I are super excited our pic was chosen! She’s a tireless model! lol!

Yes! I will send u the pic some time tomorrow with t minor release form.

And, your welcome! We had tons of fun shooting it!

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Ok folks, here’s a replay link to the webinar where we critiqued the submissions and announced the winner in case you missed it! https://www.lenspiration.com/video/webinar121118/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest