Photo Critique Forum details

Home Forums Photo Critique Photo Critique Forum details

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anthony Witt 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Specific guidelines for the Photo Critique Forum:

• It’s nice if you could comment on someone else’s photo before you ask for critique for your photo, but not necessary.
      • When posting a topic, write a little sentence about how you took the shot, what your surrounding circumstances were, or what you were trying to achieve. This increases the quality of the critique and helps us know how to make critique more applicable to your situation.
      • When posting a topic, indicate where you took the picture, what camera you were using and, if you can, provide the basic camera settings used (such as shutter speed, aperture, ISO, focal length, and camera model.
      • When posting a reply, remember that this forum is for friendly, constructive critique; try to steer away from short, superfluous acclamations, however well-intentioned. Folks can get that on social-media.
      • When posting a reply, always comment in a spirit of friendship and genuine helpfulness, the way you would want someone to critique your pictures.

Anthony Witt
    Participant

I shot this image on West Fork Trail, which is near Sedona, Arizona. It shot on February 1st on a very cold morning. The log was laying on a partially frozen creek. I was trying to capture the juxtaposition of the logs “reality” framed by the reflections of the trees and canyon walls. I like the patterns and interplay of the straight diagonal of the log and free flow of the reflections. I like that most people can’t tell exactly what is going on…and might look at the beauty of God’s creation in a new way.

I took this with a Canon Rebel Xsi with a Canon EF-S 18-200 lens. It was taken at 100mm at ISO 800. The camera was set at 1/200 of a sec at f9.0

I would appreciate comments and suggestions!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Anthony Witt.
    Attachments:
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest