Product Photo

Home Forums Photo Critique Product Photo

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Joseph Camuso 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Joseph Camuso
    Participant

I guess product photography is kinda becoming a hot topic on here! 🙂
    Does anyone have any thoughts on this picture I took of one of my luxury ties?

Attachments:

Ezra Morley

Nice! I like the seamless white background, and the nice shadow. The colors are a little interesting… It looks like the colors are brighter on the right side of the image, and darker/muted on the left side. Possibly something to do with the angle of light?

James Staddon
    Keymaster

I like the creative way you presented the “product”, all rolled up like that! Seems a little dark perhaps; I’d brighten it up a bit. And I’d crop it too, so even white space on all four sides (though that really doesn’t matter much, being all solid white).

Joseph Camuso
    Participant

@buddingphotographer and @jamesstaddon, Thank you for the helpful comments! Here is a retake I did. I tried to adjust my lights in order to make sure each side was equally lighted (silk can get kinda challenging because of the way it reacts to light 🙂 ). I also cropped it.

Attachments:

Ezra Morley

That’s definitely better. 🙂 I personally like the how the first picture is “zoomed out” a little more. In my opinion, your new picture is cropped a little bit too close.

Joseph Camuso
    Participant

@buddingphotographer, Good thought! How does this look?

Attachments:

Ezra Morley

Better! I like it! 🙂

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Wow, so nice and colorful! Better lighting for sure. I did like the angle in the first one where the rolled up area was visible….

So how did you get the surrounding perfectly white?

Joseph Camuso
    Participant

@jamesstaddon, I used a piece of white poster board for the background and then used LED lights to create a perfectly white background. It’s a lot of fun and I hope to expand my small studio soon! 🙂
    This is a picture of the studio I used to take the first picture. Since then I have moved it to a different location.

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Very nice! Love it!

Joseph Camuso
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest