Is your high school student fascinated by photography?
Does your teenager take pictures allllll the time?
Looking for a creative way for to get some high school credits?
The Lenspiration Photography Program is a step-by-step program that helps students learn all the fundamentals of photography. Follow the steps in each workbook to not only improve your picture skills but to also learn how to think like a photographer.
How does the Photography Program work as a Homeschool Photography Course?
In most states, highschool students need some elective credits. By completing a certain number of hours of study on a creative topic, they can earn elective credit hours.
The Lenspiration Photography Program is designed to provide students with 1 elective credit over 2 semesters.
Follow the steps in the Photography Program Workbooks to complete assignments and track the hours you spend studying and practicing.
Download the FREE Photography Program Workbooks
How the Lenspiration Photography Program Works
What’s covered in Phase I of the Photography Program?
- We'll get to know the camera you currently have.
- Learn how to upgrade your photographic equipment to what best suits your needs (if necessary).
- Understand the foundational elements of photography.
- Start exploring various photography genres by beginning and completing the Foundations of Photography course.
- Take picures for real-life photo assignments for publishers who are looking for photos!
What’s covered in Phase II of the Photography Program?
- We’ll learn how to push our cameras to their limits!
- We’ll explore special effects.
- Learn hands-on how to approaches.
- Overcome challenging situations that photographers face on a regular basis.
- We'll walk through the Explore With Your Camera video series, shoot developmental photo assignments, and continue taking pictures for the real-life photo needs of publishers.
What’s covered in Phase III of the Photography Program?
- We'll gain hands-on experience in as many photography genres as possible.
- Commerical photography.
- Landscape and wildlife photography.
- We'll streamline our post processing workflow, study advanced photography concepts, and hone in on what it takes to supply clients with the type of professional artwork that they will consistently want to use and publish.
How much does the Photography Program cost?
Anyone can access the PP Phase Guides for FREE. These are your “Roadmaps” through all of the training Lenspirations offers.
However, most of the training referenced is included in our premium content. You can access this by either
- Joining the Lenspiration Membership (best value- get a free month, then pay per month)
- OR - Purchasing the needed courses (Foundations of Photography Link to https://www.lenspiration.com/product/foundationscourse/ = Phase 1, Essentials = Phase 2).
The Photography Program Workbooks are like the free map you get at the entrance to your favorite national park. You’ll pay an admission fee to enter the park (just like you’ll pay for Lenspiration training), but the map will save you time and make sure that you focus on the most important things during your trip!
Who can use the Photography Program?
Anyone! It’s a step-by-step guide through the Lenspiration photography training.
It’s perfect for homeschool students who need elective credits, but anyone can go through the program for a thorough camera training.
How many high school credits do I get for doing the Phogoraphy Program?
The PP is designed so that each Phase should provide 1/2 credit per semester, or 1 credit per year. (Each phase = 1 credit.) This assumes that the student fulfills the expected time requirements for each phase. In most states, you need to do XX hours to earn 1/2 credit or XX hours to earn a whole credit.
Do you have to complete all of the workbooks? Can I just do 1 or 2?
You’ll learn a lot even if you just do one Phase of the Photography Program. Don’t feel pressured to do more than Phase I. You may decide photography isn’t your thing, or that you’ve learned enough to meet your goals.
Or, maybe you’ll discover that you like photography a lot more than you thought! Each phase is different in its own way, and you’ll be glad you moved forward with more phases.
Do I HAVE to spend a certain number of hours on each section?
It usually works out just fine if you spend less time than the targeted number of hours suggested for any given "Week". If you’re working on an elective and need to earn a certain number of hourse, you’ll probably be able to make it up on another "Week" fairly easily.
It’s also ok if you spend more time than the targeted number of hours suggested for any given "Week". If you’re working on an elective and you are spending much more time than expected, you may want to grow the phase into a full credit instead of just a 1/2 credit.
Is this an accredited Homeschool Photography Course?
Each state has different requirements for “accreditation.” If you need “accredited” credits we recommend that you check with your local education authorities to see if our course would fulfill their requirements.
How does the Homeschool Photography Course work?
The goal of the Lenspiration Photography Program is to help young people learn photography from the ground up. We want beginners who have an excitement for photography to go from knowing very little about photography to becoming practiced photographers who can navigate whatever photography challenges they want to face! We accomplish this by helping you:
- Learn how to use the photo equipment that you currently have.
- Learn how and when to upgrade your camera tools for your goals.
- Understand the foundational elements of photography, the camera, and related topics.
- Explore many types of photography through real-world assignments.
- Shoot for current, real-life photo needs of publishers who need photos.
- Start earning money with your photography skills.
What is the Photography Program Schedule? How many high school credits are earned per time period?
Short answer: you can go through the workbooks at any pace! Take as much or as little time per “Week” in the workbooks.
Long answer: if you would like to take a more structured approach for a high school schedule:
- Each workbook (1-3) is designed to take half a school year for 1/2 credit. Complete each phase by the end of 18 weeks (a typical half a school year). Spend the target number of hours per “Week” in the workbook (4 hours average per week). Total amount of time spent will be 72 hours (an average of less than 50min per day, 5 days per week for those 18 weeks).
- If you want to take things at a slower pace, spend two weeks for every one “Week” in the workbook, going through each phase in one school year for a 1/2 credit. This will take 36 weeks (a typical school year) instead of 18 weeks.
- If you want to use each phase to earn 1 full credit (regardless of how many weeks spent), simply double the suggested target hours you spend completing each "Week" in the workbook.
Does the Photography Program include any personalized coaching?
As mentioned above, you can access the Photography Program training resources in two ways:
- Join the Lenspiration Membership for unlimited access to all of the training resources, or
- OR - Purchase the resources one-by-one along the way.
If you join the Lenspiration membership, you can attend our monthly LIVE coaching sessions for free. (Anyone can attend these for a fee each month.) You can can submit your photography questions beforehand and get real-time coaching to help take your photos to the next level.