- This event has passed.
Autumn in Georgia
November 1, 2019 - November 2, 2019$199
An educational workshop for those who love photography and the great outdoors!
Join a small group of outdoor-loving, learning-focused photographers for an ultimate photography experience, observing and practicing the finer points of landscape photography! CAPTURE is a muli-day intensive, practical and hands-on, each day typically running from before dawn to after dusk. It’s designed for photographers who love any genre but want to go beyond the basics in landscape photography. Learning photography in the classroom of creation, we’ll focus on building skills in these three essential areas:
- Effectively relying on your camera’s manual controls,
- Setting up and following an efficient and organized post-processing workflow
- Improving composition by developing an eye for “seeing” and practicing specific composition tools
In addition to these, bring your own list of questions and we’ll be sure to cover those too!
- General Registration: $199/photographer
- Lenspiration members: $149/photographer
- Group Discount: Sign up as a group of 2 or more and receive $100 off per photographer!
- CAPTURE Alumni: Coupon available for an additional $50 off per photographer!
- Maximum attendance will be 8
- 15 years or older
- Physical ability to be walking or hiking for several hours in a day
- “Beyond the basics” to intermediate skill level
- Personal DSLR camera, tripod, laptop computer with image editing software installed
- Friday: Possible sunrise shoot, brunch, classroom training during the day, visit a shooting destination for sunset
Focus of the day: How to comfortably shoot in Manual and learning to “see” and put advanced composition technique into practice
- Saturday: Sunrise shoot, classroom and post-processing training during the day, another destination for sunset, and astrophotography after dark
Focus of the day: How to organize your pictures and keep them organized
Exactly when we’ll shoot at what destinations is based on many factors unknown until the actual week of the workshop. However, potential locations could include:
- Rocky Face Mountain
- Disney Trail
- Cloudland Canyon
- Fort Mountain
- Point Park
- Transportation to/from the workshop is not provided.
- Airport runs to/from nearby airports may be available upon prearranged agreement.
Be considerate of the dates and times your flights are scheduled to arrive and depart. Thursday and Sunday afternoons are the best times to schedule your flight. Please submit your requests for airport runs on the Contact Page. Suggested airport run donation is $5/run.
- Host family has offered to provide transpiration during the workshop. You are free to use your own transportation if you prefer.
- Lodging may be available at the Cochrans for folks out of town. Please use the Contact Page to inquire if space is available.
Sleeping arrangements for guys and girls will be separated.
- Suggested donation for staying at the Cochran’s is $25/night.
- You can plan to join the Cochran’s for a mid morning breakfast and a late afternoon dinner if we happen to be at their home at those times.
- However, some meals may be taken at local restaurants near shooting destinations.
- Bring clothing for cold temperatures. Dress in layers.
- Average early November temperatures in this part of the country are High 68, Low 42.
We will be out before sunrise in the mornings which is the coldest part of the day
- Bring stuff to keep you and your gear dry in the field in case it rains.
- Modest attire is always in style.
- The CAPTURE Details page provides overall information regarding specific topics covered, generic schedule of each day, suggested items to bring, and more details on what is and is not included with your tuition.
- We will going to the Cochran’s church on Sunday morning if you would like to come.