- This event has passed.
September 8, 2016 @ 9:00 am - September 10, 2016 @ 9:00 pm$795
- Registration: $795/photographer (includes lodging)
- Group Discount: Groups of 2 or more receive a total of $100 off per photographer!
- CAPTURE Alumni: Coupon available for an additional $50 off per photographer!
- Maximum attendance: 8
- Minimum attendance: 5
- Current spots available: 7
- 15 years or older
- Physical ability to be walking or hiking for several hours in a day
- “Beyond the basics” to intermediate skill level
- Personal DSLR camera, tripod, laptop computer with image editing software installed
- Thursday: Start with brunch, classroom training during the day, visit a shooting destination for sunset
Focus of the day: How to comfortably begin shooting in the Manual modes
- Friday: Visit a second shooting destination for sunrise, classroom and post-processing training during the day, visit a third shooting destination for sunset.
Focus of the day: How to organize your pictures and keep them organized
- Saturday: Visit a fourth shooting destination for sunrise, classroom and critique during the day, visit a finale shooting destination for the afternoon and sunset.
Focus of the day: Learning to “see” and putting composition technique into practice
Exactly when and at what destinations we’ll be shooting is based on many factors unknown until the actual week of the workshop. However, the Columbia Gorge and Mount Hood area teems with incredible photography opportunities. Potential shooting locations could include the following: Trillium Lake, Bridal Veil Falls, Vista House at Crown Point, Multnomah Falls, Oneonta Gorge, Wahkeena Falls, and Lost Lake with vistas of Mt. Hood.
- Transportation to/from the workshop is not provided.
- Airport runs to/from Portland International airport are available upon prearranged agreement.
Be considerate of the dates and times your flights are scheduled to arrive and depart. Wednesday and Sunday afternoons are the best times to schedule your flight. Please submit your requests for airport runs to James Staddon at [email protected]
- Lodging is provided at the workshop location from Wednesday through Saturday nights.
- You are free to secure lodging at a different, nearby location if desired.
- We will stop for meals on a brunch schedule a mid morning breakfast and a late afternoon dinner.
- Attendees are responsible for their own meals.
- Brining snacks to bring in the field are recommended.
- Bring clothing for cool temperatures. Dress in layers.
- Average July temperatures in this part of the country are High 83, Low 57, which may feel pretty cool sometimes.
We will be out before sunrise in the mornings which is the coldest part of the day, so please dress accordingly.
- Bring stuff to keep you and your gear dry in the field in case it rains.
- Modest attire is always in style.
- The CAPTURE Details page provides overall information regarding specific topics covered, generic schedule of each day, suggested items to bring, and more details on what is and is not included with your tuition.
- We will visit a local church on the Sunday morning after the workshop for anyone who would like to come.
2 people are attending CAPTURE Oregon