Church (ends April 22)

Home Forums Shoot to Serve Photo Assignments Church (ends April 22)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

James Staddon
    Keymaster

This week’s assignment is to find and photograph pictures to backdrop a powerpoint of the hymn, Come, Christians, Join to Sing!

Reply to this topic with your submissions!

Assignment details:
    • Requester: IBLP Family Conferences
    • Purpose: To be used as a background image for a powerpoint of the hymn Come, Christians, Join to Sing
    • Request: A photo of a church, preferably a pretty church or a church with pretty surroundings (Yay for spring!) Remember that text will be coving most of the center of the image. I imagine positioning the steeple off to one side would be best. The church should be distinct and clear, though not necessarily entirely filling the frame. Photos of the inside of a church, or a church filled with people during a sermon, are welcome as well!
    • Image Specs: Pictures you submit must be at least 3000 pixels longest edge. Edit however you like. Please, no watermarks.
    • How to Submit: Attach JPGs less than 2MB in size in reply to this topic. (Learn to downsize JPGs appropriately in this video.)
    • Remuneration: Your submissions are a tangible gift to a non-profit, Christian ministry. A real opportunity to shoot to serve for the needs of others. Use this as an opportunity to practice with a purpose!
    • Terms: Chosen submissions will be used as if they were purchased under a Royalty Free license. You continue to retain full rights to your image.
    • Deadline: Midnight Sunday, April 22, 2018 (or until this topic is closed). This gives you two Sundays to shoot! 🙂

Related training video:
    Strolling Through Downtown? Make the Most of it! There are usually lots of nice churches around downtown. 🙂

Photo Critique:
    The photos submitted for this assignment will be critiqued during the May live Photo Critique Webinar. Date, time and registration link will be sent to those subscribed to “Live Webinars” at http://www.lenspiration.com/subscribe. The webinar is free for members of “The Click”.

Can’t wait to see everyone’s submissions!
    –James

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Here’s a church that I happened to drive by recently. 🙂

Attachments:

Ezra Morley

Here’s a church that you’ll probably recognize, @jamesstaddon… 🙂

P.S. It’s awful hard to get a photo with a minimum of 3k px on the longest side down to only 2MB. 🙁 I don’t enjoy compressing all the life out of my photo, so I compromised at just over 3MB for this one. It seemed to upload OK, so we’ll see… I notice that the forums now show that the max file upload size is 8000 KB.

Attachments:

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

This is the only thing I have as of yet. This is the Alpine Presbyterian church in Menlo, GA. It was built in 1853 and is one of the oldest churches in Chattooga county, GA.

I know this isn’t the best photo, but hopefully I will be able to get a more artistic photo of this church before the deadline.

Attachments:

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

@jamesstaddon, is this photo backdrop going to be used for the title of hymn only or also for the text of the hymn? This will be helpful to know as I try to get photos for this assignment, as far as how much “open space” there should be in the picture 🙂

James Staddon
    Keymaster

I notice that the forums now show that the max file upload size is 8000 KB

Yes, you should be able to now!

is this photo backdrop going to be used for the title of hymn only or also for the text of the hymn?

It will be used to backdrop the text of the hymn. See attached. 🙂

Attachments:

Ezra Morley

BTW, I notice that lenspiration might accept up to 8 MB, but it’s automatically resizing and compressing it down to about 500 KB… 🙁

Mr. Quebec
    Participant

A church I photographed in 2015

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

but it’s automatically resizing and compressing it down to about 500 KB… 🙁

Ah, well, I’ll have to set up a Dropbox link or something when higher quality photos are needed.

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

Here are some pictures that I took this past week; these are my two best shots of the church on the green in town.

Attachments:

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

These are two of another church in town; actually my parents were married in this church! 🙂

Attachments:

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

And lastly, these are two of my home church!

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Wow, these are some great submissions!

I’ll figure out which one I’ll use for the powerpoint background and then critique all these photos in the next webinar! https://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-may-8/

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Ok, so here’s the webinar replay link for PRO members (https://www.lenspiration.com/video/webinar050818/), and the attached image showing who won the assignment!

Attachments:
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Church (ends April 22)’ is closed to new replies.

Pin It on Pinterest