April 10, 2018 at 9:43 am #30347
This week’s assignment is to find and photograph pictures to backdrop a powerpoint of the hymn, Come, Christians, Join to Sing!
Reply to this topic with your submissions!
• Requester: IBLP Family Conferences
• Purpose: To be used as a background image for a powerpoint of the hymn Come, Christians, Join to Sing
• Request: A photo of a church, preferably a pretty church or a church with pretty surroundings (Yay for spring!) Remember that text will be coving most of the center of the image. I imagine positioning the steeple off to one side would be best. The church should be distinct and clear, though not necessarily entirely filling the frame. Photos of the inside of a church, or a church filled with people during a sermon, are welcome as well!
• Image Specs: Pictures you submit must be at least 3000 pixels longest edge. Edit however you like. Please, no watermarks.
• How to Submit: Attach JPGs less than 2MB in size in reply to this topic. (Learn to downsize JPGs appropriately in this video.)
• Remuneration: Your submissions are a tangible gift to a non-profit, Christian ministry. A real opportunity to shoot to serve for the needs of others. Use this as an opportunity to practice with a purpose!
• Terms: Chosen submissions will be used as if they were purchased under a Royalty Free license. You continue to retain full rights to your image.
• Deadline: Midnight Sunday, April 22, 2018 (or until this topic is closed). This gives you two Sundays to shoot! 🙂
Related training video:
Strolling Through Downtown? Make the Most of it! There are usually lots of nice churches around downtown. 🙂
The photos submitted for this assignment will be critiqued during the May live Photo Critique Webinar. Date, time and registration link will be sent to those subscribed to “Live Webinars” at http://www.lenspiration.com/subscribe. The webinar is free for members of “The Click”.
Can’t wait to see everyone’s submissions!
–JamesApril 10, 2018 at 10:01 am #30348April 10, 2018 at 4:52 pm #30359Ezra MorleyModerator
Here’s a church that you’ll probably recognize, @jamesstaddon… 🙂
P.S. It’s awful hard to get a photo with a minimum of 3k px on the longest side down to only 2MB. 🙁 I don’t enjoy compressing all the life out of my photo, so I compromised at just over 3MB for this one. It seemed to upload OK, so we’ll see… I notice that the forums now show that the max file upload size is 8000 KB.April 11, 2018 at 11:24 am #30381Ryan MadarisParticipant
This is the only thing I have as of yet. This is the Alpine Presbyterian church in Menlo, GA. It was built in 1853 and is one of the oldest churches in Chattooga county, GA.
I know this isn’t the best photo, but hopefully I will be able to get a more artistic photo of this church before the deadline.April 11, 2018 at 2:46 pm #30386
@jamesstaddon, is this photo backdrop going to be used for the title of hymn only or also for the text of the hymn? This will be helpful to know as I try to get photos for this assignment, as far as how much “open space” there should be in the picture 🙂April 11, 2018 at 5:32 pm #30392April 11, 2018 at 5:40 pm #30394Ezra MorleyModerator
BTW, I notice that lenspiration might accept up to 8 MB, but it’s automatically resizing and compressing it down to about 500 KB… 🙁April 11, 2018 at 8:39 pm #30396Mr. QuebecParticipantApril 12, 2018 at 2:05 pm #30414
but it’s automatically resizing and compressing it down to about 500 KB… 🙁
Ah, well, I’ll have to set up a Dropbox link or something when higher quality photos are needed.April 21, 2018 at 12:22 pm #30483April 21, 2018 at 12:24 pm #30486April 21, 2018 at 12:27 pm #30489April 26, 2018 at 12:55 pm #30524
Wow, these are some great submissions!
I’ll figure out which one I’ll use for the powerpoint background and then critique all these photos in the next webinar! https://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-may-8/May 9, 2018 at 11:18 pm #30745
The topic ‘Church (ends April 22)’ is closed to new replies.