December 13, 2019 at 12:02 pm #47193
• Publisher: Lightstock is a Christian stock photography agency with a purpose of “erasing the cheesy stereotype in Christian media”. A cause worth helping out with, wouldn’t you say?!
• Request: I contacted Lightstock personally to ask what type of photos they have the greatest need for these days. Their reply? “Seniors/elderly at the moment is a critical need.” I can see why this would be the case! Let’s see if we can help them out.
• Photo specs: Thankfully, we have the freedom to photograph the elderly doing just about anything! Raking leaves, sweeping the sidewalk, reading the Bible, playing with a grandchild, opening a gift with a Christmas tree sparkling in the background. Hopefully some good opportunities will come up as you travel for the holidays!
• Special Instructions: The elderly are a people group easily and often taken advantage of. As we go about photographing them, let us take special care to be completely upfront with our motivations and goals, and photograph only those have given us 100% full permission and are happy for us to photograph them. This may be difficult since it may not be easy for an elderly individual to understand what we are trying to do, so take your time, involve relatives, and ask God to bring the right people across your path.
• Orientation: Any orientation or crop ratio.
• How to Submit:
1) Edit your Original photos (In a way that will give the publisher a good first impression)
2) Upload the highest resolution Edited photos, without watermarks, to this link (If you use Lightroom, export as DNG and upload)
3) Create Small versions of the Edited photos (Saving them as less than 8MB in size)
4) Attach Small versions in reply to this topic (So we can all see and appreciate your work!)
• Remuneration: I’m going to do my best to have a Lightstock representative choose which submission they like best! If Lightstock declines to choose, a winner will be chosen by a nonpartisan, non-Lenspiration group consensus on which photo illustrates the concept of “The Elderly” best. Lenspiration members will receive $27 if their photo is chosen! Photos submitted to Lightstock will also have the life-long ability to earn money.
• Terms: By submitting your photo(s) on this forum, you agree to the terms outlined in the STS Photo Assignment Agreement.
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, January 4, 2020 (or until this topic is no longer highlighted yellow).
Watch how I shot this assignment and get related training on how to submit your photos to Lightstock at, On Assignment: Spending an Evening with Grandpa!
Watch the photos submitted for this assignment get critiqued live by registering for the January 7 Photo Critique Webinar!
December 13, 2019 at 12:05 pm #47310December 31, 2019 at 1:28 pm #47623December 31, 2019 at 1:33 pm #47633December 31, 2019 at 1:40 pm #47640December 31, 2019 at 2:54 pm #47646
- This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by James Staddon.
My sister, niece and I visited with a dear, precious 95-year-old this past weekend and I was so blessed. This woman radiates such joy and love! It was precious to see her interactions with my little niece as she sang and talked to her. A vivid picture to me of the verse, “One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts” (Psalm 145:4)
I also captured a photo of another “elderly” someone that lives with her – her faithful old dog, Mandie. 🙂December 31, 2019 at 2:57 pm #47652January 7, 2020 at 2:52 pm #47909
Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to submit some photos! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Years. I was down in Texas visiting family and you can’t beat 75 degrees for outdoor people photography!
@ernestf-lloyd, I do believe those kind of photos are exactly what Lightstock was looking for!
@bennett-family, great photos and haha, hilarious concept with Mandie. 🙂
I know we’ve all been quite busy, but I’m glad to be getting back into the swing of things and will look forward to critiquing these photos (and talking about other photography concepts) in the the webinar tonight! Here’s the registration link if you haven’t already registered: https://www.lenspiration.com/webinar/photo-critique-48/
January 9, 2020 at 8:39 am #47964
- This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by James Staddon.
And since I didn’t announce the winners during the webinar, I suppose I should do that here!
It was great fun to silently watch the panel discuss which photo should be the winner. The individuals on the panel had artistic and graphic design experience on both sides of the stock photography machine, both in selling stock as well as in buying stock, thus making their group decision as authoritative as possible without Lightstock actually being invoiced, being unwilling to participate.
So, here’s what was decided!
Starting with 27 original submissions, this group of 6 are the ones that everyone agreed could be the winner.
And since they had to narrow it down to 1, this is the one that they chose:
So, congratulations @ernestf-lloyd!
Let me know if you need any help getting it up on Lightstock. 🙂
January 9, 2020 at 8:42 am #47966
- This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by James Staddon.
And for anyone who would like to rewatch the webinar to listen to the critique of the other photos, here’s the link! https://www.lenspiration.com/video/webinar48/January 11, 2020 at 10:22 am #48049January 11, 2020 at 10:36 am #48050
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.