FEATURED: Raising the Bar

Home Forums Shoot to Serve Photo Assignments FEATURED: Raising the Bar

This topic contains 27 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Caitlin Compton 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Here are my submissions for this assignment! 🙂

Attachments:

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

And some more. . .

Attachments:

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Some thoughts behind these 2 images. . .

Even though the runner has already come a long way, even though there’s a mountain ahead and even though it’s almost as if the trees are ominously closing in, he’s going to keep running. Pressing on. It’s not the popular choice, it’s hard, there’s trials ahead, but despite it all – he’s going to raise the bar, press for the mark (Phil 3:14) and he’s going to run the race of life with patience. (Heb. 12:1)

Attachments:

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Since it was mentioned that it was ok to add text to the images, I went ahead and had some fun designing these graphics in case Mr. Thomsen was after something like this. 🙂

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Hey thank you guys!! I just finished up the last Convention of the season yesterday, so I’m itchin’ to put my full attention back on the assignments now! I’m closing up this assignment now, even though it’s been a week beyond the deadline, so I’m glad to see the extra time has given the opportunity for a couple more submissions. The webinar is still on schedule for Tuesday! https://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-jun-18/

James Staddon
    Keymaster

And oh! I totally forgot to mention this on the webinar last night! Due to the unexpected passing of a close family member and thus the understandably dramatic change of schedule, Kirk was unable to choose a winner for this assignment before the webinar. As we await his return and response, let us pray for him and his family.

I’ll be sure to post who the winner is when that information is available though.

Meanwhile, members can watch the critique of the submissions here: https://www.lenspiration.com/video/webinar061819/

Esther M.
    Participant

Here’s the edited version.

Attachments:

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Due to the unexpected passing of a close family member. . .

Sorry to hear that! I’ll be praying.

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Hey guys, you won’t believe this! I thought Kirk would choose one, maybe two photos. Well, today he called to let me know that he had chosen three photos! He’d like to use two for this post, and then liked a third one so much that he thought he could buy it for a future blog post if it was available.

So, drum roll please….

First winner is @bennett-family with photo 20190608-LGB_0040.jpg! The guy helping someone else climbing up is really what struck a chord with Kirk and illustrated well the concept he was looking for.

Second winner is @creative-click-photography with photo 20190616-Caitlin-Compton-4439-5.jpg! That idea of “pressing on” really stands out!

And then, for a future blog post, Kirk would like to ask you, @esther, if he could buy your photo, Esther-Machen-DSC_0070.jpg. He really liked that one as well!

So, congratulations guys! Kirk wanted to make sure to thank you SO MUCH for your help. He was really grateful and he said he would probably be posting the article with the photos on his blog sometime later this week! https://www.daughtersofdecision.com/dad-blog/

Thanks you so much! You guys are amazing.

Attachments:

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

Yay! That’s wonderful. Glad our photos worked for him!

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

That’s exciting! So glad he liked the photos!

Esther M.
    Participant

And then, for a future blog post, Kirk would like to ask you, @esther, if he could buy your photo, Esther-Machen-DSC_0070.jpg.

That’s amazing! I wasn’t expecting him to use my picture for another blog!! 😀 I’m so glad he can use it! And congratulations Caitlin and Lydia!

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Thanks! And congratulations to you, @esther! And @bennett-family!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest