May 17, 2019 at 12:02 pm #39673
• Purpose: Kirk is a friend of mine who writes for The Dad Blog on Daughters of Decision. He couldn’t find a picture on Lightstock to illustrate what he wanted to write about in his next blog post, so he has asked Lenspiration for some help!
• Request: He needs an action shot that illustrates the idea of “raising the bar” (someone striving to excel at a task or event, seeking to attain excellence in their endeavors). Ideas include:
a) an athletic event, like a runner crossing the finish line, a track athlete jumping over a high bar or pole vault, etc. (modest attire only, please)
b) an outdoor activity, like mountain climbing, rappelling, skydiving, etc.
c) a skilled craftsman, working on a product and producing excellence in their craft.
d) denying self, following Christ, leaving behind fame, power, wealth for Christ.
As the photographer, you are free to come up with your own creative ideas for subjects that would illustrate what he has written about in his blog post, a draft of which can be read here.
• Photo Specs: Submit JPG or DNG, at least 1600 pixels longest edge. Edit however you like. No watermarks.
• How to Submit:
1) Attach JPGs less than 8MB in size in reply to this topic
2) Upload originals or DNGs to this link (for the critique webinar)
3) If your photo is chosen, you will need to submit this model release for each recognizable individual in the photo.
• Remuneration: $35 per chosen photo will be awarded to Lenspiration Members. It may be that more than one photo will be chosen!
• Terms: By submitting your photo(s) to Lenspiration, you agree to the terms outlined in the STS Photo Assignment Agreement.
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, June 8, 2019 (or until this topic is no longer highlighted yellow).
Get related training and watch how I did this assignment at http://www.lenspiration.com/learn-raising-bar
Sign up to watch the critique of the photos submitted for this assignment at http://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-jun-18May 17, 2019 at 12:49 pm #39809May 20, 2019 at 5:38 am #39855Caitlin ComptonParticipant
What an inspiring article!
Phew! This is assignment is really going to test our photography and creativity skills! lol 🙂 I’m presuming, @jamesstaddon, that the model would have to be a male? If so, does it have to be someone old enough to be a Dad or would a young man work? (say 12-14 yrs)May 20, 2019 at 2:58 pm #39867
Agreed, @creative-click-photography! There was no direction given as to gender and age of the subject, but sense it’s for a “Dads blog”, then yes, your best bet at having your photo chosen would be to have an older, male subject.May 21, 2019 at 6:32 pm #39928May 21, 2019 at 7:26 pm #39930Caitlin ComptonParticipant
Ok! Thanks, @jamesstaddon.
Is there going to be any text put onto the image?May 23, 2019 at 6:28 pm #39998
Does orientation matter, @jamesstaddon? Vertical or horizontal?
I don’t think it does! However, since it is going to be used in a blog post, most often those are horizontal.
Is there going to be any text put onto the image?
Kirk will not be adding any text to the image. However, he was not opposed to their being text on the image at all, so feel free to add text of your own if you feel that would help portray the concept as needed.May 24, 2019 at 5:56 pm #40006
It may be that more than one photo will be chosen!
Just trying to get a little better picture of what we’re going for here, @jamesstaddon…. 🙂 is this supposed to be like a header image, or are the photo[s] potentially going to be sprinkled throughout the blog post?May 27, 2019 at 4:18 pm #40099
No, not a header image; yes, one or more photos sprinkled throughout the blog post.June 3, 2019 at 8:54 pm #40364Esther MachenParticipant
Would it be better if their face wasn’t showing in the picture, @jamesstaddon? For the photographer shoot you had said “don’t include the open eyes of a photographer (since they distract viewers from reading header text first)”
I’m thinking it could go either way. 🙂June 4, 2019 at 12:56 pm #40411
Ooh, good point. For the “Photographer” assignment that was true. For this assignment, I don’t believe any text will be going in the image, so I don’t believe it matters!June 8, 2019 at 3:41 pm #40644June 8, 2019 at 3:48 pm #40650June 8, 2019 at 9:49 pm #40656blessings capturedParticipantJune 14, 2019 at 3:23 pm #40834
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.