June 4, 2021 at 12:02 pm #62902LenspirationModerator
• Publisher: John Bechtle with Ezra Project.
• Purpose: Our aim is to help people break the Greek barrier so they can start exploring the Greek behind our English Bibles. We have some stock photos for the home page, but it would be great to have pictures for the other pages such as resources, word study, grammar, blog, etc.
• Request: Pictures of people who seem to be enjoying the study of the Word, either individually or as a group. Choose one of the following two concepts to photograph: 1. An individual or group studying the Word, using printed Bibles and/or a tool like a concordance or an expository dictionary along side their Bible. 2. An individual consulting a Bible software program on their laptop or phone.
• Special Instructions: We would like to show a variety of people – different ages, gender and ethnicity. It could be a Mom or Dad sharing with their kids, or a Sunday School teacher preparing a lesson.
• Orientation: Horizontal orientation.
• Photo Specs: A minimum of 2400 pixels on the longest edge.
• How to Submit: Members can follow the A, B, C process outlined here. (Instructions for non-members can be viewed here.) You can submit up to 10 photos.
• Remuneration: Lenspiration members will receive $27 if their photo is chosen!
• Terms: By submitting your photo(s) on this forum, you agree to the terms outlined in the STS Photo Assignment Agreement.
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, June 26, 2021 (or until this topic is no longer highlighted yellow).
• Important note: The person you photograph (or the parents/guardian of the person) will need to sign a model release (like this one). You do not need to submit the signed model releases to Lenspiration unless specifically requested.
Watch how I shot this assignment and get related training on how to shoot it yourself at “On Assignment: Studying the Word”!
Watch the photos submitted for this assignment get critiqued live by registering for the June 29 Photo Coaching Webinar!
June 4, 2021 at 12:05 pm #63057James StaddonKeymasterJune 14, 2021 at 11:42 am #63150Lydia BennettKeymaster
- This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Lydia Bennett.
Just scheduled up a photo shoot for this assignment! I do some music lessons with a few families at a local church on Wednesdays, so I’m going to go for a teen Bible study/Sunday School feel with the three kids of one of the families while we’re there. 🙂 Am glad they’re willing to help out in this way. I think it will be fun!
If anyone needs help coming up with ideas or has questions on shooting this assignment, be sure to ask here on the forum! 🙂 Looking forward to seeing what everyone is coming up with!June 14, 2021 at 6:56 pm #63189
I’m planning on doing it later this week. Right now I’m busy editing pictures from a wedding. To get ideas, I searched Lightstock for “Bible study”.June 17, 2021 at 5:45 pm #63227Ava ClarkParticipantJune 18, 2021 at 2:26 pm #63259Lydia BennettKeymaster
So great! Welcome to the forums, @lensesrus! You sure had some studious looking subjects for your photos!
Here are my submissions. I had about 10 minutes to take pictures so kind of rushed it. Found it a challenge to artistically compose with the three kids sitting around the corner of the table. I think a round table may have been better. Thankfully though, later, I was able to take another 15 minutes or so with the two girls and get some pictures with them in a cute little sitting area.
A few takeaways: the notebooks they were using for props were actually their piano assignment notebooks. Wasn’t thinking about it at the time, but later when I was reviewing the pictures I realized that I couldn’t really use pictures that I took over their shoulders. Even though the words in the notebooks were out of focus, if you zoomed in, you could still see what scales and exercises they’re supposed to be practicing; kinda takes away from the feel of a Bible study to have that. 🙂 So, I should have had them write some actual Bible-related notes.
Same thing with the mugs the girls had in the other pictures. They were empty, and you could see that when I did some higher angles. So, didn’t use any of the pictures from those angles.
Live and learn, right? 🙂June 22, 2021 at 7:26 pm #63293James StaddonKeymasterJune 23, 2021 at 10:00 am #63301
Here are my submissions!
For the ones in the blue shirt, I used a tablet as a remote to get into position, focus and fire the shutter.(The one looking over the shoulder, my sister fired the shutter for me). [It was the first time I tried it, my d4300 didn’t have that feature.] I also used bounce flash for most of them.
-HannahJune 23, 2021 at 3:34 pm #63320June 25, 2021 at 7:00 pm #63360Riley BeesonParticipant
Loved this assignment! Can’t wait for another one!
June 26, 2021 at 9:11 am #63369June 26, 2021 at 8:25 pm #63393June 26, 2021 at 8:28 pm #63395June 26, 2021 at 8:31 pm #63397June 26, 2021 at 10:27 pm #63414
- This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Riley Beeson.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.