Ezra 8:22-23 VPO: Seeking after God (ends August 1)

Home Forums Shoot to Serve Photo Assignments Ezra 8:22-23 VPO: Seeking after God (ends August 1)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Benjamin Holmes

@bennett-family

I never really know how close or far away I want subjects to be until I’m actually designing the VP, so the more options, the better! Thanks for submitting those alternate photos!

I did want to ask, though, do you know why there is a dark cloud around the girl in all of the photos? It doesn’t seem to appear in the photos with the boy, so I was kind of curious…

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

@bensharpeningcharacter

why there is a dark cloud around the girl in all of the photos?

Oh you’re right! Pretty sure it’s in the editing. The program I’m using right now has very basic editing capabilities, and only does global adjustments, so I think it’s something about how it’s reading the lighting and shadows in the scene, therefore got messed up when I adjusted highlights and shadows. Sorry! 😕

Would you like me to either try to re-edit them or else send you the un-edited copies?

Benjamin Holmes

@bennett-family

That’s fine! I was wondering if that was what was happening or if there were some really interesting cloud formations going on that day! 🙂

If you have the time to upload the un-edited copies, that would be great!

Thanks!

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Here are some of the photos that I submitted via the DropBox link. 🙂

Attachments:

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

One more! 😉

Attachments:

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

@bensharpeningcharacter, I just uploaded the unedited copies of each of the guy and girl photos to the Dropbox link. 🙂

Benjamin Holmes

@bennett-family

Thanks, Lydia! That should help me out a lot.

@creative-click-photography

Wow! Those are some really cool photos, Caitlin! I love how you’ve edited them to appear almost vintage.

Benjamin Holmes

Just a quick reminder for you all.

Just one more day till the deadline’s up! If you have any photos you’d like to submit, please submit them soon!

No more submissions will be accepted past midnight tonight (August 1st).

Thank you to all who already have submitted photos!

Benjamin Holmes

Hello all!

Just a quick note to let you all know that the VPO is over! I’ll be taking a closer look at the photos and begin working on the VP over this next week. I’ll let you know when a winner has been chosen and then later post some critique on why some photos worked as VP backgrounds and some didn’t!

A HUGE thank you to all of you that submitted! We at Sharpening Character really appreciate all of your support and hope you have as much fun working on these as we do!

Ben
    Sharpening Character‘s VersePic Director

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Thank you, Ben! Looking forward to seeing which one you choose.

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Well, it doesn’t look like we’ve got a winner yet, but I’ll be sure to talk about your submissions on the webinar tonight! There are too many to critique each one completely individually, but I will try to have one nugget of advice to take away from each shot….we’ll see how it goes! https://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-aug-14/

Benjamin Holmes

Hello all!

Thank you everyone that submitted! We got some really great, beautiful, and creative submissions this time, and even though I couldn’t have all of you win, both of us here at Sharpening Character really appreciate you all pitching in and spending some of your time to help us out!

Things got really crazy around here in the past weeks with a week-long trip out to Tennessee, prep for an upcoming trip out to California, and Andrew and me discovering that this specific VP isn’t supposed to be released until November! (It was originally scheduled to be released at the beginning of this month!) All that to say, I’m late and I know it! I definitely apologize for the wait in closing out this VPO…

I’m still building the VP and I’m currently choosing between two photos from Caitlin Compton that visually communicate the verse in different ways (9297 and 9342), so I can’t say what specific photo won yet. Regardless, I know I’ll use one of those two, so congratulations @creative-click-photography for having one (or both :)) of your photos chosen!

Caitlin, if you are a Pro Lenspiration member, or a member of “the Click” as I believe James refers to it, go ahead an contact me at [email protected] so we can get you your $5 reward!

Now I need to get back to building the VP, writing out my critique and starting to work on posting a new VersePic Opportunity (Keep an eye out for it!).

Again, thank you all!

Ben
    Sharpening Character’s VersePic Director

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Thanks, Ben! And if anyone would like to watch my critique on the submissions for this assignment, here’s the link and a list of takeaways: https://mailchi.mp/lenspiration/in-case-you-missed-the-live-photo-critique-webinar-1431237

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Ezra 8:22-23 VPO: Seeking after God (ends August 1)’ is closed to new replies.

Pin It on Pinterest