Ezra 8:22-23 VPO: Seeking after God (ends August 1)

Home Forums Shoot to Serve Photo Assignments Ezra 8:22-23 VPO: Seeking after God (ends August 1)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Benjamin Holmes

Request: A photo to backdrop Ezra 8:22-23
    Photo ideas: Paths, Prayer, or Devotions
    Deadline: August 1st

———

Good Evening Lenspiration!

This time, we need photos that fit Ezra 8:22-23:

“… The hand of our God is upon all them for good that seek him; but his power and his wrath is against all them that forsake him. So we fasted and besought our God… and he was intreated of us.”

Your submitted photos will be used as a background to the passage as part of our VersePics Ministry. The key words in this passage for me, at least visually, are “seek” and “besought,” so in this VersePic Opportunity I’m asking for photos with a feeling of earnestly seeking after God. Some synonyms for those keywords that you could use for inspiration are to desire, ask, request, find, or to search in order to find something.

As far as suggestions for photos, I’m thinking I’d like to see photos of prayer during their devotions (a person spiritually seeking after God) or of paths in the woods, mountains, ect (a visual analogy of a person seeking after God). As far as which of those I’d prefer, I’m leaning towards photos of paths right now. And, just to say it, while photos of people walking down paths might be nice to see, having people on the paths is certainly optional.

HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOS:

1. Upload full-size photos in any format—including RAW formats—directly to this Dropbox Link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/H4VWZ1hE0fEkNxnNOokN (Please try to submit photos that are or larger than 2666px wide by 2000px tall.)

2. Reply below, attaching a smaller version of your submission (maximum of 8MB) to allow me to comment on them, let others to see them, and make it possible for James to critique them in the next photo critique webinar!

At the moment, the forum is heavily compressing and resizing attachments to replies below, so please realize that if you only submit your photos by attaching them below and your photos are below 2666px wide by 2000 px tall when I review them, it is unlikely I will be able to use your photos.

Full details on submission guidelines, exactly what the images will be used for, and other information can be found in the VersePic Opportunity FAQ page: https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/versepic-opportunity-faq/

Thank you for your support in this ministry!

Ben

Sharpening Character’s VersePic Director

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Here’s something that might work!

Attachments:

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

@bensharpeningcharacter, I am still a bit unsure of how you crop the pictures for VersePics. Could you clarify that please? If I can keep that in mind as I’m taking pictures for the assignments, that will be helpful.

Benjamin Holmes

@bennett-family

For specific examples of how I’ve cropped photos for the VersePics in the past, you can view our large collection of VersePics at sharpeningcharacter.com/versepics.

I’ve attached a photo below that should help to explain what I’m about to say. Essentially, there are three different ratios I keep in mind when selecting photos to be used for VersePics: 1:1 (green), 4:3 (blue), and 18:9 (white).

There are two sizes of VersePics that I create for every verse—a widescreen (4:3) version for devices with wider screens such as tablets and desktop computers and a square (1:1) version for devices with narrower screens such as phones or small tablets. For maximum flexibility, the verses are always placed close to the center of the VersePic. Furthermore, the edges of the text and logos will not extend beyond their sides of the the 18:9 “invisible crop” in the center of the VersePic, and the subject of the photo must be visible within that 18:9 ratio. This is to ensure that the text or subject is never awkwardly “cropped off” when viewed as a wallpaper in a portrait orientation and that the logos never disrupt your wallpaper.

Hopefully that makes sense! After years of experimenting and designing with this ratio-based formula, using it has become second nature, and it has been a while since I’ve had to explain it!

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

VERY helpful!

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

Thank you SO much, Ben! That is extremely helpful!

Josiah Waldner
    Participant

Here are a few that I found in my archives.

Attachments:

MissyCreations
    Participant

Here is a few more

Attachments:

MissyCreations
    Participant

One more

Attachments:

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

These are two pictures I found in my archives….

Attachments:

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

And then I went out on a walking trail last evening with my brother and sister and took pictures there!

Since they were both with me, I decided to take basically the same photo twice, once with my brother, and then with my sister, so you’d have guy/girl options to work with 😉

Attachments:

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

Here’s a shot of the empty trail.

Attachments:

Benjamin Holmes

@josiahw

Thank you for submitting those photos, Josiah! I really like how clean and open that last shot of the field is.

@missyruth

Those are some BEAUTIFUL photos, Missy! Thank you for submitting them! The forum is downsizing and compressing photos that are attached to replies right now, so could you please also submit them via the Dropbox file request link? That should help ensure sure your photos are up to the quality and resolution that I need for the VersePics! Also, if you still have the unedited photos, I’d love to see those as well. I like how you’ve edited them here, but flexibility is always a good thing.

@bennett-family

I love those bridge shots, and thanks for giving me a girl and boy option! I did want to ask, did you have any alternate versions of those bridge/walking shots? I know some people set their cameras to take photos in quick succession, so I’d be very interested in seeing any other photos that you might have taken then! If there aren’t any, that’s fine too! 🙂

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

@bensharpeningcharacter, I did take a bunch of photos in continuous mode; here are the closest up and the farthest away I have for each. I have ones in between too, if you want. I didn’t know how close you might like the person to be, but if you would like to see them closer to the camera, we could go back to the trail and do that 🙂

Here are the closest up…

Attachments:

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

And the farthest away.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Ezra 8:22-23 VPO: Seeking after God (ends August 1)’ is closed to new replies.

Pin It on Pinterest