Flower variety

Home Forums Photo Critique Flower variety

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Abigail Turner 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Lewis Family
    Participant

The attached pictures were shot with a Sony 6300 mirrorless camera. For each, ISO was 100, between 33mm and 50mm, F6.3, from -0.3ev to -0.1ev, at 1/125″. Some small brown blemish spots were removed through editing.

Attachments:

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

Beautiful! I believe this flower variety is Echinacea purpurea, otherwise known as ‘Sombrero Hot Pink’ coneflower.

Great job with the photos! The first thing I see when I look at these is that the second photo is slightly blurry. Perhaps you could use a faster shutter speed next time? On the third photo, I like the bee in the frame! If you could use a smaller aperture it would make the bee a bit more in focus so the photo viewer can see it clearly. Hope that helps!

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Awesome color! Beautiful shapes and positioning! Will expound on what I think about them on the webinar since you’re signed up….https://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-july-10/

James Staddon
    Keymaster

And here’s the re-play link, if you want to watch the critique of these photos again: https://www.lenspiration.com/video/webinar071118/

Abigail Turner
    Participant

I took this with my Samsung SM-G570 cell phone. I love snapping pictures of flowers that look interesting wherever I go.

f/ 1.9

ISO40

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

They look interesting, that’s for sure, kinda all spread out like that. I wonder if there was a different angle where there wouldn’t be as much color interference behind the main flower?

Abigail Turner
    Participant

So, are you saying that a plain background would be better? Like the natural leaves or should I stick a cardboard behind?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest