Girl with Bible

Home Forums Photo Critique Girl with Bible

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Caitlin Compton 5 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Hi!

I’ve been focusing on taking photos to sell on Lightstock over the last couple of months. I thought I’d post this picture. I’m interested in knowing anything that I could have done better. 🙂

Here’s the settings –
    ISO 100
    Aperture f/4.0
    Shutter Speed 1/250 sec.
    Focal Length 70mm
    Manual Mode
    Lens – Canon 70-200mm f/4
    Camera – Canon 60D

Thanks!

Attachments:

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

@creative-click-photography, nice job! I like the way you edited it as well! The only thing I would do is include the whole tree in the background. As it is right now, It’s cropped a bit.

Logan Lamar
    Participant

@creative-click-photography, I have to agree with @ryanmadaris. Awesome pic! (and you used a Canon 60D—like I do, so even better!)
    It does seem it’s a bit too tight… but I almost think it’s not the tightness that’s the problem… I would be inclined to think that if you positioned the girl on the other side of the frame and had the Bible in resulting “open space” on the right rather than having the Bible almost on the edge of the photo, it would not seem so tight.

Other than that, this one looks like it belongs in a magazine!

David Frazer
    Participant

Great picture concept! I would prefer to re-compose so that the Bible is in the girl’s left hand and have her turn toward her left a little. Remember the rule of thirds: our eyes tend to go to what is placed on thirds, so placing the Bible there would really improve it!

Lewis Family
    Participant

Ok. I’m going to take a big risk and step into this photo critique in my role as a father of seven children. When a man looks at this picture, his eyes do not immediately go to the Bible, even though they should. If what I’m referring to doesn’t raise a big caution flag, then I ask that you talk with your mother. If she doesn’t understand, I know for sure your father will. God’s blessings be upon you as you continue to shoot for His honor and glory!

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Thanks @rmadaris, @loganlamar, @dfrazer, @vince and @jamesstaddon for your thoughts and comments! Yes, I agree! – changing her placement would make it look more balanced. 🙂

Thank you, @vince, for your comments about the photo. I appreciate you pointing that out. I really want to glorify God with my photography and what I’m taking pictures off, so if there’s any chance that this picture’s going to cause someone to stumble, I definitely don’t want to be displaying it! I’ve decided that I’ll take it off of Lightstock. As a younger person, I appreciate older people giving Godly instruction – so thanks for that! 🙂 I feel so blessed to be part of a group of photographers that are wanting to use photography to bring glory to God. Even though we’re all going to have different ideas etc, we can still use the Bible to encourage each other to do what’s right. That’s a lovely thing. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Girl with Bible’ is closed to new replies.

Pin It on Pinterest