June 25, 2018 at 1:28 pm #31587
• Request: A photo of a massive rock to illustrate the lyrics of the hymn “Hiding in Thee”. The rock could be a rocky mountain or a huge boulder. Whatever the case, it should appear inviting, stable and secure. This feeling may be accomplished by standing below the rock and looking up at it. The idea of enormity may potentially be achieved by including people or a person in the image. I suggest not filling the entire frame with rock, but instead include lots of room around to give scope and allow for cropping in post-processing. I also suggest that the photo be taken during the golden hour so it’s colorful and more interesting looking. A lighthouse on the rock may stimulate more meaning, if you live close to a lighthouse.
• Purpose: To be used as a background image for a PowerPoint of the hymn. Keep the center of the image uncluttered where the words will be.
• Photo Specs: Pictures you submit must be at least 3000 pixels longest edge. Edit however you like. Please, no watermarks.
• How to Submit: Attach JPGs less than 8MB in size in reply to this topic. (Learn to downsize JPGs appropriately in this video.)
• Requester: IBLP Family Conferences
• Remuneration: Your submissions are a tangible gift to a non-profit, Christian ministry. A real opportunity to shoot to serve for the needs of others. Use this as an opportunity to practice with a purpose!
• Terms: Chosen submissions will be used as if they were purchased under a Royalty Free license. You continue to retain full rights to your image.
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, July 7, 2018 (or until this topic is closed).
3 Things Photo Critique Is Teaching This Budding Photographer – Keep these three things in mind when you go to photograph your rock.
The photos submitted for this assignment will be critiqued in July’s live Photo Critique Webinar. Click here for more details or to register. (Webinar is free for members of “The Click”.)
Can’t wait to see what you come up with!
June 25, 2018 at 1:42 pm #31590June 25, 2018 at 9:38 pm #31618June 25, 2018 at 9:46 pm #31620June 25, 2018 at 9:52 pm #31622June 25, 2018 at 9:54 pm #31624June 26, 2018 at 10:49 am #31631Anthony WittParticipant
- This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by James Staddon.
Here is my submission. I praise the Lord for this opportunity to celebrate his creation.
June 30, 2018 at 3:10 pm #31743
- This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Anthony Witt.
We went to a park the other day for this assignment, it’s called “Rocky Neck State Park” and it sure lived up to it’s name! 😀 My dad would scout out more nice rocks while I took pictures with my sister – it was fun! Some of these are pretty similar to each other, but I figured I’d just submit them so you’d have more options to work with.June 30, 2018 at 3:12 pm #31747June 30, 2018 at 3:15 pm #31751June 30, 2018 at 3:16 pm #31754July 3, 2018 at 4:32 pm #31791
You are so creative, @bennet-family!July 6, 2018 at 11:22 pm #31868
I know this isn’t exactly a “Massive Rock,” but I live on an island, so it’s the best I could do. : ) These are taken near a wharf on Whidbey Island, WA.July 6, 2018 at 11:55 pm #31870July 7, 2018 at 12:00 am #31873
The topic ‘A Massive Rock (ends July 7)’ is closed to new replies.