Playing with Graphic stuff

Home Forums Photo Critique Playing with Graphic stuff

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Caitlin Compton 3 hours, 32 minutes ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Hey!
    I’ve been learning how to add text and stuff to my pictures with photoshop elements and am really enjoying putting bible verses on them. 🙂 These are my favorites so far. Any advice how I could make them better would be awesome.

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Okay lets see if this works 🙂

Attachments:

David Frazer
    Participant

I like the choice of verses that go with the pictures. Watch out for typos though… 🙂 Keep doing more of these – the more you do and the more you look at other people’s work (book covers, magazine covers, bookmarks, etc), the better you will get!

James Staddon
    Keymaster

The size of the text depends on what you’re designing it for, but I like to use Scripture to complement a picture I want to use as a desktop background. I like to try incorporating or fitting text in such a way that complements the elements that are in the picture.

Attachments:

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

@elianafranzenburg – Something I like to do when adding text to image is playing around with different fonts and sizes. Making the “important” words big and a different font can add a bit more of a punch to it. Sometimes, I use the eyedropper tool to pick out a colour from the image. That way the text colour matches perfectly.

Attachments:

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

For an example of what I mean. 🙂

Attachments:

Ezra Morley
    Participant

Wow, those are some beautiful examples, @jamesstaddon and @creative-click-photography! You are inspiring me to try some of my own! 🙂 Here’s a quick attempt with a photo I took recently with my little pocket camera in Mexico:

• This reply was modified 1 day, 9 hours ago by  Ezra Morley.
    Attachments:

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Thanks! Nice shot, @buddingphotographer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest