Yellow Marigold

Home Forums Photo Critique Yellow Marigold

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

I was clearing out my memory cards and found this photo that I never did anything with, so I spent a little time with it and this is the end result. What do you think?

The first one is the edited one, all I did is make the background black and crop it a little.
    The second one is completely un-edited.

1/200
    f/5.6
    ISO 100

Attachments:

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

It’s good to go through old photos and find ones to salvage!

Depends on what you’d like to use the photo for, but I think I might try to crop it more on a third. Currently with the way it’s edited, it looks like a yellow flower that just got plopped onto blackness. 🙂 It doesn’t particularly make me want to admire the beauty of the flower.

I also almost think it might look better if you leave a bit of the background texture rather than going completely black.

James Staddon
    Keymaster

So colorful! Great job editing out that background. Solid black looks great.

Feel free to jump in on the webinar on the 12th, let me know you’re on, and I’ll critique your photo in detail! https://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-feb-12/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest