Already registered for the conference?
Add “ACTION Photography Team” by emailing your request to
[email protected] and the registrar will get in touch with you.
In addition to a Full Conference Pass for your family:
- Pre-registration price: $69/photographer
Pre-registration prices end at midnight, Sunday, April 15, 2018
- Registration is now open! Click here to register for the Conference.
Be sure to check “ACTION Photography Pass” while registering.
Photography Teams are designed to train photographers to go beyond the basics of photography and develop a
deeper understanding of how to professionally cover an event.
- Beginner: If you are new to photography, have just purchased a DSLR or mirrorless camera for the first time, want to get comfortable shooting with your camera, or simply desire to learn what all the buttons and settings are on your camera, consider completing the Foundations of Photography Course first before signing up for a Photography Team. This Photography Team is not designed for beginners.
- Beyond Beginner: If you have had your camera for a while, have moved beyond shooting in the full-auto modes, or want to learn how to effectively cover an event, then signing up for the Photography Team is definitely for you! Through classroom training, self-guided assignments, and one-on-one critique we’ll walk through how to professionally cover assignments, shoot as a team, and set up post-processing workflows by shooting,
organizing, editing and submitting images for the needs of the event you’re attending
- 15 years or older
- DSLR or mirrorless camera
No film SLR, hybrid DSLR, point & shoot, or mobile device cameras accepted
- Laptop computer
Mac or PC; will be used for editing photos
- Pre-installed photo editing software
Adobe Lightroom is highly recommended and will be the platform from which all editing instruction will be given; a 7-day free trial can be acquired at www.adobe.com/lightroom
- After registration, you will be sent a link and password to special training that will prepare you with everything you need to know before arriving.
- Orientation: Thursday, April 26 at 6:30 p.m.
Please bring your camera and laptop
- Daily events: Activities will be scheduled at any time between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Parent Presentation: Saturday, April 28 at 10:30 a.m.
All parents of team members . . . come for a show and tell of what was learned during the weekend!
- Meeting Location: All Photography Team related activities will be held in Room L (subject to change)
Modest dress is required—no tight clothing, midriff tops, mini-skirts, plunging necklines, or bare shoulders. Casual business attire is always appropriate. Knee-length or longer hemlines are recommended for ladies. Wear comfortable shoes, as photographers will be walking a lot.