Black raspberry flowers

Home Forums Photo Critique Black raspberry flowers

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  John M. 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

I was out in the yard the other morning taking advantage of our black raspberry bushes that are in full bloom and looking absolutely beautiful. I was trying to get a variety of unique shots, and noticed this parting in the leaves with the flowers behind it…
    1) Do you like this photo composition-wise?
    2) I couldn’t decide when editing if I liked the leaves in the foreground being bright or dark. What do you think?

Any other comments or thoughts would be appreciated!

Both pics are the same, just edited differently.

Camera: Nikon D3100

Aperture: f/5.6
    Shutterspeed: 1/125
    ISO: 100
    White balance: Auto

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Very creative! I like the effect of peering through the leaves. Makes it vibrant and colorful. I think I like the brighter one. Maybe just add a slight vignette. I also like how the elements surrounding the flowers almost create circles around the flowers.

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

Thanks for the critique!
    At this point, I’m still using windows live photo gallery for editing 🙁 and very unfortunately there’s no vignette option in there.

John M.
    Participant

Hi @bennett-family!
    I like these! I played around with it a little in Lightroom, and added a vignette. What do you think?

Attachments:

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

Thanks @hayhand02! I like it; that vignette was done tastefully: it’s not too dark, but I think your eye is drawn to the subject better.

John M.
    Participant

You’re welcome!! 🙂 I usually dislike a very dark vignette, it doesn’t look natural. Something in the middle works. And it depends on the picture.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest