Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens for sale

Home Forums Photography Q&A Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens for sale

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James Staddon
    Keymaster

Hi everyone, I’m upgrading and no longer have need for my Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens. I bought it in 2017 as part of a package deal with a 7D Mark II from a guy on Craigslist in Dallas, Texas. I really haven’t used it much since then and it still functions and looks like new (except that the paint’s started to rub off on the lens cap and lens hood).

Asking price is $550 (with free shipping anywhere in the US), or best offer. Let me know if you like any more info!

Attachments:
    Logan Lamar
    Participant

Just FYI on this lens, I’ve owned this lens for about a year and it is so far my absolute favorite, staying on my camera about 75% of the time (my other lenses, in order of “favoritism” are my 50mm 1.8, my 10-18mm 4.5-5.6 and my 18-200mm 3.5-5.6) If you have a crop-sensor (i.e. Canon EOS 80D, Rebel T6, EOS 7D…), this is basically an equivalent of Canon’s 24-70 2.8 on a full-frame (but with Image Stabilization!). Great for shooting kids running around, great for landscapes, and even good for the stars.

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Good thoughts, @loganlamar. It was my favorite lens years ago when I was first starting out too. It’s what I upgraded to after using the kit lens 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 that came with my first camera purchase, and I couldn’t believe how much better it was! I used it all the time.

After using L-series lenses now for many years, I do notice it’s limitations. However, as a beginner, it was exactly what I needed for that stage between using kit lenses and using professional lenses.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest