- November 6, 2017 at 2:24 am #26724
Caitlin ComptonParticipantNovember 6, 2017 at 8:16 am #26735November 6, 2017 at 8:17 am #26738November 6, 2017 at 8:18 am #26741November 6, 2017 at 1:19 pm #26749November 6, 2017 at 1:52 pm #26751
@ James, Thanks! It’s all in who you know. I knew a guy who knew a guy who got me in the court house.
The hard part was keeping them all horizontal! Several were vertical shots where I had to cut off quite a bit of the picture.November 8, 2017 at 8:52 pm #26775
Ok, folks! IBLP has chosen the photo!
I’ll announce the winner during the webinar on Tuesday. It will give us time to talk about why that particular shot was chosen (and why others were not), why some submissions were excellent in general (and how others could be improved), and how to use those “generally excellent” photos for other purposes now that this STS op is completed. That’s what the STS webinars are all about!
Webinars are normally $19, but here’s how to attend for free: either join PRO (all webinars are always free for PRO members), or make sure you are subscribed to “Photo Assignments” at http://www.lenspiration.com/subscribe and keep a sharp eye on your email. For the first time ever, I’ll be sharing a secret, free registration link with those who are subscribed to “Photo Assignments”.
Looking forward to the webinar!November 14, 2017 at 12:08 pm #26810
@jamesstaddon hi! I will be gone at the time of the webinar so how will I know whose photo was chosen?November 14, 2017 at 2:39 pm #26815
Good question! There are five ways someone can know whose photo was chosen:
1. Watch the webinar.
2. Watch the replay of the webinar. I get it that not everyone is going to be available at 7pm on Tuesday nights! However, direct replays are only available for a few days after the webinar. Plus, replays are only available to those who have registered for the webinar. This means that if you weren’t subscribed to the Photo Assignments and didn’t receive the secret, free registration link, then sorry, the replay will not be available to you.
3. For paying opportunities (which this one is not), if your photo was chosen then we would contact you by email to ask how to pay you, regardless of whether or not you watched the webinar.
4. View the STS Report. The STS Reports (formally PRO Reports) will provide a summary of all the STS ops that occurred over the past month. The STS Reports can be downloaded for free using a unique, download link that I will give viewers during the webinar. So, unless you are able to watch the webinar or the replay, then sorry, this option isn’t really available either.
5. Join PRO. All webinars, all replays, all STS Reports and all just-about-everything-else are forever and always available and unrestricted to PRO members.
So, in conclusion, if you haven’t already, it would still be worth it to try to sign up for “Photo Assignments” at http://www.lenspiration.com/subscribe and see if you might still get the secret registration link before the webinar starts. If you don’t get it for this time, then at least you’d be all set to receive the secret registration link for the next webinar (if I decided to send one out)!November 14, 2017 at 3:22 pm #26818
And oh, @elianafranzenburg, I forgot to mention, you can register for the webinar at any time at https://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-nov-14/ It’s just not free.November 16, 2017 at 2:55 pm #26856
Thank you, everyone, for helping out with this assignment!
Your participation has been a real blessing to those who were needing the picture. Even if your photo wasn’t chosen, doesn’t it feel good to be part of a group of photographers who enjoy serving others?!
If you missed the webinar (and want to find out who won the assignment!) or just want to re-watch it, anyone who registered for the webinar may re-watch it for a very limited amount of time using the link emailed to them immediately after the webinar.
And of course, if you’re a PRO member, you can watch the replay below anytime you want:
The topic ‘Days and Hours (ends November 6)’ is closed to new replies.