Home › Forums › Shoot to Serve Assignments Details › FEATURED: Family Moments Together
- This topic has 30 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 10 months, 1 week ago by Christian H..
March 4, 2022 at 12:02 pm #68823
• Publisher: Christian Horstmann from Christian Family Reformation. CFR is dedicated to the promotion of family discipleship, homeschooling, a Biblical worldview, and support of the Christian family unit in our increasingly secular modern culture.
• Purpose: They are looking for specific photos to use in the promotion of their ministry.
• Request: The goal of this assignment is to capture those moments of family life and relationship-building that we often take for granted. The style of the photos should reflect more of a candid “family photojournalism” feel, rather than a typical portraiture or commercial style. They would like these photos to illustrate parents simply “doing something with their children” and having a good time as they do it! Suggested activities would include things like:
– Reading together
– Working together
– Cooking together
– Farm chores together
– Outside fun together
• Special Instructions: Either indoor or outdoor shots are welcome, with a general atmosphere of family love and unity. The preference is for the women and girls to be in skirts/dresses, with the men and boys in button down or polo shirts. Include at least one parent (and/or grandparent) and preferably at least 2 children (but more are welcomed – the more, the merrier!). A mix of both older and younger children is welcomed but not necessarily required.
• Orientation: Any orientation is fine; in fact, multiple orientations of a subject and setting is welcome.
• Photo Specs: Photos should be at least 2000px longest edge. Feel free to edit them any way you think makes them look best!
• How to Submit: Members can follow the A, B, C process outlined here. (Instructions for non-members can be viewed here.) You can submit up to 10 photos.
• Remuneration: Lenspiration members will receive $30 if their photo is chosen as the winner for this assignment. CFR will reserve the right to use any of the photos that are submitted for this assignment.
• Terms: By submitting your photo(s) on this forum, you agree to the terms outlined in the STS Photo Assignment Agreement.
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, March 26, 2022 (or until this topic is no longer highlighted yellow).
Important note: The person you photograph (or the parents/guardian of the person) will need to sign a model release (like this one). You do not need to submit the signed model releases to Lenspiration unless specifically requested.
Watch how I shot this assignment and learn how to shoot it yourself at, On Assignment: Family Moments Together!
Watch the photos submitted for this assignment get critiqued live by registering for the March 29 Photo Coaching Webinar!March 4, 2022 at 12:05 pm #69104March 5, 2022 at 9:59 pm #69180Christian H.Participant
Hello everyone! I am so excited to see all the submissions for this assignment! I think this is going to be so fun and I can’t wait to see everyone’s unique touches of creativity! 😊
ChristianMarch 10, 2022 at 2:35 pm #69270
Just want to let everyone know we’ve made an update to this forum which allows you to only upload 5 images per reply. You’re welcome to submit up to 10 images for this assignment, just be aware you’ll have to post them in multiple replies.
Hopefully this should help lessen some upload issues folks may have been experiencing!
Happy shooting! 🙂March 14, 2022 at 10:04 am #69322
Anyone need any help?March 14, 2022 at 10:17 am #69323Elizabeth BParticipant
I’m participating! 🙂 I have taken some outdoor shots, but we’re still planning the indoor ones. I will be uploading them soon!March 14, 2022 at 3:35 pm #69326March 15, 2022 at 11:39 am #69330
What a great idea!March 18, 2022 at 12:03 pm #69430March 19, 2022 at 2:25 pm #69440
Here is my submission of “Folding laundry” I took this picture with my new Sony DSC-H300 camera. I had trouble not getting it grainy because it was a darker place in our house. I used a light scoop and tripod to help. I’m learning more about using my camera by going through the photography program.
-SarahMarch 19, 2022 at 6:48 pm #69443Christian H.Participant
Congratulations on your new camera, Sarah!
I am so excited to see these and the other submissions that will be rolling in! 😄
ChristianMarch 21, 2022 at 3:23 pm #69496
That’s exciting Sarah! Was just breezing through that camera’s manual here, and it’s got some nice settings!
March 24, 2022 at 6:57 pm #69552Samuel WestParticipantMarch 25, 2022 at 11:47 am #69559March 25, 2022 at 11:48 am #69561
- This reply was modified 1 year ago by James Staddon.
Yay, @samuelwest! Good for you, shooting in manual mode! Birdwatching is such a creative idea, too!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.