Interior Lighting help

Home Forums Photography Q&A Interior Lighting help

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Esther M. 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Esther M.
    Participant

Hey!
    So I have my first commercial photo shoot tomorrow for the latest Lenspiration assignment and part of it will be indoors. I just realized I’ll need some form of interior lighting and I don’t own a speedlight. Any ideas on what to use?

Thanks so much!

James Staddon
    Keymaster

I’ve used portable work lights before. I don’t know if you have access to anything like that? (Example) Or maybe those giant rechargeable spotlight flashlights (example)? The trick would be diffusing them. Shine them upwards to bounce off the ceiling, or create your own big softboxes perhaps?

blessings captured
    Participant

If the ceiling is white I’ve used a homemade light scoop. I’ve only used it on ceilings that are lower (8ft) so I don’t know how it would work on higher ones. I power up the flash as high as it can go (+1) and it works Great!

When I found this out it was so exciting. I can take nice inside pictures without spending a penny. But half of our house has wood ceilings so I have to figure out something else for that.

Esther M.
    Participant

Thanks @jamesstaddon and @blessingscaptured for your help. I ended up buying a inexpensive lamp for this assignment, as I didn’t have time to experiment with the light scoop. But I am excited to learn about it, and will practice and use it for future photography. Thanks for your quick responses!! 😊

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest