Kangaroo Paw

Home Forums Photo Critique Kangaroo Paw

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joshua Ong 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Joshua Ong
    Participant

It’s been awhile since I have posted a picture for critique on this forum. So I decided to post a photo taken not too long ago at one of the world’s largest inner-city parks: Kings Park. Besides being a tourist attraction in Perth, this park also has a botanic garden where some of Australia’s most unique and exotic plants are grown. The picture I have enclosed is an example of a native species popularly known as kangaroo paw.

Enjoying golden hour photography but lacking sufficient practice at it, I decided to take a picture of this plant with the sun’s illumination on it. However, I think that the highlight of the sun seems to alter the quality of this picture by creating stark contrasts of light and dark. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could improve a shot like this in the future? Thank you in advance for your comments.

Here are the specs of the picture:
    3264 x 2448
    1/125 sec.
    f/4
    7.4mm
    ISO 80

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

You’ve got a good idea going here! Reminds me of almost exactly the situation I was in here in Playing With A New Perspective.

You mainly just need to process this photo. I edited a photo very similar to this in the December 11 webinar, at minute 9:14, and it’s amazing what you can do to direct the viewers eye where you want it to go.

Let me know on the next webinar, and I’ll try my hand at editing this shot for you: https://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-feb-12/

Joshua Ong
    Participant

Thanks @jamesstaddon for the critique. Looks like I can’t view the webinars as they are exclusive content (perhaps my membership option does not allow for viewing them). But thanks for the assistance.

I read about noise reduction in “Playing With A New Perspective.” Does this refer to visual distortion in pictures?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest